cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot my email password

toastie65
Joining in

can`t remember my password for my email account and i keep getting errors when i try to change on line

7 REPLIES 7

jem101
Superstar

And what exactly do the error messages say? And, more importantly, are you a current VM broadband subscriber?

Can’t access email?

Don't worry! Instead, to verify your account please enter your date of birth and answer your security question below. And when i do it just keep giving me this page 

And yes i am a broadband subscriber 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@toastie65 wrote:

And when i do it just keep giving me this page 

Ok, thanks for that. I have just tested that reset link and it is working ok for me.

Are you getting a red error box (example below) after entering your security information and pressing continue?

reset password error.png

If not, the first thing I would suggest is that you try again but use either a different browser or use a Private /Incognito window in your existing browser. My reason for suggesting that is to check that your browser does not have a corrupt Virgin Media cookie stored.

In Chrome and Microsoft Edge  the easiest way to open an Incognito window is with the keyboard shortcut combination Ctrl-Shift-N (Windows) or Command-Shift-N (macOS).

In Firefox private browsing session can be opened using the combination Ctrl-Shift-P (Windows) or Command-Shift-P (macOS).

If the process works correctly in another browser or in a Private / Incognito window you should delete the VM cookies in your existing browser and you should be able to revert to using that as normal.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi i tried what you said on 3 other computers and still getting the same thing 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@toastie65 wrote:

Hi i tried what you said on 3 other computers and still getting the same thing 

In that case it sounds as if there is a problem with your email account.

For instance, it might be that the email account in question was originally opened under an old, now closed, VM broadband account and the email address was never moved over to your current broadband account. Could that be the case?

If so, it may well be that VM have, or are in the process of, deleting that old email address because it is no longer linked to a live account. Sadly, they never give any prior warning before doing that.

Whatever the issue is, as you are a current VM broadband customer I will escalate this to the VM Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum). One of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so. They should be able to check things out for you.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi toastie65,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We can certainly investigate this issue for you, as our valued member @coenoby has offered some brilliant advice already, can you just confirm that you still have active services with us before we invite you in for a private chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi jodi 

Thank you and coenody and aidri for getting back to me . I have got it sorted now