Menu
Jamie1970
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fake emails

Is anyone else suffering from constant emails from...

Screenshot_20220203-195534.png

 I've tried to unsubscribe, but get malware site warnings.

If anyone has any ideas or if virgin can shut them down, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

[REMOVED ]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Jamie1970
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fake virgin mobile emails

Anyone else having constant emails from...

thanks@virginmobile.com

_20220203_202831.JPG

 I've tried to unsubscribe, but get malware warnings.

If anyone has any suggestions, or Virgin can help, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Jamie

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Fake virgin mobile emails

Hi @Jamie1970,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you are receiving scam emails. If you receive what appears to be a suspicious email, we'd ask you to forward these on to phishing@virginmedia.com so we can investigate.

We also have some advise here

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
boothy99
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fake virgin mobile emails

Hi Jamie,

Here's a link and a cropped version of a message I'd posted... - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Spam/m-p/4848262#M22748

You could try forwarding the rubbish from the scummers to the free service by phishing.gov.uk via report@phishing.gov.uk and get them blocked at source. I've been doing this and it certainly seems to have worked - I'm hardly getting any trash through at all now, even in my spam folder these days. I was getting up to 20 a day at one point. One more thing - DON'T click on "unsubscribe" on any scam mail. That only confirms for them that you're on an active email. They can happily sell on the address to other scummers.

Cropped message ....

"More information about the service here ...

https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/information/report-suspicious-emails

Rather than simply forwarding the spam-crud directly (you could try though) as this might get blocked by Virgin's filters 🤔🤨 !!! ... I tend to "Save-as" a *.eml  file and forward the saved file(s) (as a batch) to the email I gave above. No need to subscribe and it's automated - sending you a brief email of confirmation as soon as they receive your files (so no need to write anything in the email you send).

It took a few sendings of a number of crud initially, but whoever was sending it out soon got stomped on by phishing.gov by the looks of it 😁"

0 Kudos