I keep getting the following message now and then on my Outlook 365.
Error synchronizing folder [8004DF03-0-0-560].
Has anybody having the same and how to resolve the issue ?
I only have one virginmedia.com email account. I used to have three but I deleted two unused accounts. I use IMAP (before it was POP3) for incoming mail and smtp for outgoing.
Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with this error when using Outlook 365.
Looking online, I have been able to find these steps that may help to resolve the error for you.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook program in which you are facing this error and click on File.
2. Go to Info > Account Settings > Account Settings
3. Choose the account showing the error, then click the Change option.
4. A Change Account window appears in which you have to click on More Settings button
5. Go to the Advanced tab, then in the Folder option, there is the Root Folder Path. Here, type Inbox and click OK.
6. Now close all Microsoft Outlook windows and then, again restart it
If Outlook shows the error again, then it means that the mailbox may have become corrupt beyond the manual repair and you'd need to delete the whole account from within Outlook and recreate it again.
Pop back and let us know how you get on.
New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs
Well, adding Inbox as the root folder sort of works, but unfortunately has nasty side effects!
The [Gmail] folder and its sub-folders [Bin] and [Spam] disappear so the [8004DF03-0-0-560] error no longer appears in the log (Sync Issues - this computer only), which is good news.
The bad news is that the Sent folder empties, and from then onwards will not sync.
Ah-ha, I hear you cry. Simply reset the root folder back to blank. Sadly that makes things worse as new sub folders are then created under the Inbox (which fortunately can be deleted), and the "sent" messages miraculously reappear in the Sent folder, but from then on can't be deleted!!!!
I've tried following the collective wisdom which advises resetting the account etc etc, but the only way out of the mess is to delete the account in its entirity and then add it back in again, at which point you are back to square 1 😂
If the reader wishes to experiment further, then I strongly advise using a TEST PROFILE for the purpose!!
I very much suspect this is a legacy from the days when VM mail was built on the GOOGLE/GMAIL platform and just maybe the transition to another platform didn't quite go according to plan😀
It's not a big deal, but the present setup adds messages in the logs every time the Outlook IMAP account tries to sync with the VM servers, thus creating hundreds of messages over a period of time, which can't be conducive to good performance.