cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails from a particular sender aren't being received

moggyman
Up to speed

I am a member of Ancestry.co.uk. When someone posts a message to me in that account, I am supposed to get an email confirmation sent to my blueyonder.co.uk email address. I don't receive them. I've talked to their Support people who have double-checked there are no typos in my email details and I'm told that it's OK. They confirm that notifications were indeed sent and they received no notifications of delivery failure.

I've checked my blacklist and the sending address isn't there. The emails don't end up in Spam either. However, I got them to resend a notification I should have received in my blueyonder.co.uk Inbox last Sunday, to my Google Mail address and the email arrived straight away.

Can anyone suggest where the problem might be? At the time of writing, I'm sitting in a Chat queue and I'm not hopeful of reaching an agent any time soon, let alone one who knows the ins-and-outs of the email system.

Thanks.

41 REPLIES 41

The way ancestry.com works seems to be that when you change your email address, it sends an email to the out-going address to say 'Your email address has been changed'. When I changed it from blueyonder to googlemail I DID receive a notification email to the blueyonder address. However, I think that the 'You've received a message' and 'We've found new records you might be interested in' emails use a different sending address, just to be bloody awkward!!

So, I've left it set to send to my blueyonder account and I'll see if anything arrives over the next couple of weeks......

Hi @moggyman thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Please do let us know how things go with your ancestry emails.  I hope this is working the way that you'd like it to.

Regards

Lee_R