cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email unavailable

cbennett91
Joining in

My virgin email account isnt working so I tried login in through this site to see my emails and its telling me its unavailable.  I'm waiting on important emails and I can get into my inbox. Please some one help ASAP 

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cbennett91  This community forum has a different sign in name and password to the VM Mail account.  What happens if you try to sign in to the webmail page at https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I can sign into my VM account fine. Just cant get any of my emails. Even though VM.com 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cbennett91 wrote:

I can sign into my VM account fine. Just cant get any of my emails. Even though VM.com 

The full error message when trying to access the email account via https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ is needed in order to provide any further assistance.

Make sure to redact any account specific information before posting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Screenshot_20220524-071031_Samsung Internet.jpg

 this is what shows up when I have signed in to VM.com and went to check emails.

When I go to look at my emails normally it tells me to sign in then says failed signing in. Even though I am using the correct password . 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Cbennett91,

Sorry to see you have issues accessing your Virgin mailbox. 

In some cases it might be that our security team locks you out for security reasons (e.g. when your password has been compromised), could you please try and reset your password following this link here and try accessing your mailbox again right after?

Please note:

a) You need to make sure to reset password for your MyVM account first, then do the same for the email account.

b) Your new password should be brand new, unique and secure (between 8-10 characters, letters & numbers, 1 uppercase letter, starting with a letter, no special characters) - make sure you create a password never used before, otherwise our security team might lock you out of the account once again.

c) In case your primary email address is the same for both MyVM and email account, you may just need to reset it once and it will be changed on both.

d) once you change the password to a new one, log out of all accounts, then log back in your email account - your mailbox should be viewable at this point.

e) please, allow up to 15 minutes after this change for the system to update the information as it might not log you in immediately.

Please, try the above and in case this does not work for you you can pop us a message here and we will be more than happy to process this password change and provide further support where required.

Keep us posted.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs