cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email server settings

mitch84
Fibre optic

Hi

Are the email settings in the sticky still up to date for the servers used?

I have an ntlworld email address and I just got a new MacBook, was actually quite easy for a change setting up this email account, the only change I noticed is that the outgoing server uses 587.

Everything seems to work I think, but should I change it to the what's linked on here 485 I think it is.

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They are up to date and even Apple's own Mail - Official Apple Support does not suggest port 587:
2022-10-23.jpeg

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They are up to date and even Apple's own Mail - Official Apple Support does not suggest port 587:
2022-10-23.jpeg

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

@用心棒 wrote:

2022-10-23.jpeg

-- 

Thanks for this info.

Hey @mitch84,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Has the guidance from @用心棒 resulted in your issues being resolved?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Yes all good.

Thanks

That's so great to hear and thank you so much for letting us know @mitch84 

Please do pop back to the forums in the future should you ever need any help and we will do all we can to assist. 

Thanks again.