Menu
johnrambo18
Tuning in
Message 21 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email sending

I found as a work round, that restarting the phone will often result in getting a different IP address. This may help.

0 Kudos
gazzawilson
Joining in
Message 22 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Johnrambo18

I did try that and the new IP assigned was also blocked, so I was hoping for a fix rather than a workaround

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 23 of 27
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam 

Seriously - What does it take to get your security teams to look at this properly.

I will say again what I've said before.

If an anti spam measure causes significant problems for regular users, then you should really examine it's suitability.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ModTeam
Message 24 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ravenstar68 

Thanks for flagging this post again. 

We will pass this information over to the relevant teams so they can take another look at the issue.

We will be back in touch as soon as we have an update on this.

Regards,

Dean C
Community Moderator 

stevejward
Joining in
Message 25 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same problem. Just got new phone and problem same. Am on 3 network. Cannot send emails until connected to WiFi. Been like it for about a year.  I assumed changing phone would fix it but sadly not 

0 Kudos
johnrambo18
Tuning in
Message 26 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Must say it's not troubled me recently but most email at moment is sent via wifi due to being at home during lockdown. The only work round I found before was to restart phone so it picks up a different IP address

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
stevejward
Joining in
Message 27 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply. My only observation is that the block has been total since it happened and I have not once been able to send an email without either use of vpn or when on wifi. Reason I have reached out is I have just got a new Samsung s21 and so thought the problem would go away but alas it hasn't.  I'm left now with swapping carrier if it is 3 that is providing the IP's that are blocked...

0 Kudos