cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems

oldcanon
On our wavelength

All my emails back to August last year have disappeared and when l go to " all emails" the folder is not accessible. This has happened overnight, it was fine last thing yesterday

Is anyone else experiencing this ( BH23) area

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@oldcanon wrote:

when l go to " all emails" the folder is not accessible.

The VM email service is not clever enough to have anything like an "All email" folder - you can only view or search your emails by checking each of the individual folders separately.

So when you say "All emails" folder that sounds as if you are using an email client or app, (possibly Outlook) to manage your email account. Using an email client or app is usually a much better way managing your emails than relying in VM's webmail service but even email apps can have their issues.

If you are using an email app or client it would be worth checking whether those missing emails are still present in your VM Webmail account on the VM website. For example in the Inbox or perhaps any other folders you have set up yourself.

Enter your VM email address into this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  and then enter the password when prompted. That will take you to your email account as displayed on VM's Webmail service.

If the emails are also missing on the VM website as well as your email app then clearly something has happened to delete the emails.There are a few things that might have caused that.

However, if the emails are present on the website it points to an issue with your email app/client,  possibly just an issue with the way this "all emails" folder is handling and displaying your emails. Again, there are a few things that might have caused that.

Post back how things look on the VM webmail service and based on that answer some-one should be able to offer you the appropriate advice.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In webmail also make sure all folders are subscribed to by:

1. select ⚙ > Settings > ▸ Email > Change IMAP subscriptions
  2. select  to expand folder views until all are visible
  3. confirm that all are folders are selected ()
  4. select Email (located top left) and then press Ctrl + Shift + R to refresh page
  5. check those folders selected in step 4 for the missing emails

If the emails still cannot be located then unfortunately they are likely to be unrecoverable.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks