cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not working help!!!!

Waferbiscuit
Joining in

Hi All,

please can I kindly ask for help with a major email issue I have had for nearly 2 months!

one day my virgin media email account stopped working and I have never been able to gain access to it again.

I have called up twice to have the email password reset (it is a secondary email) however this does not work and I was told the account is still active.

how do I gain access to the account and reset the password successfully (if it is a secondary account)? All my attempts so far have not worked and I cannot access the account via the virgin media website. 

The virgin media team on the phone are completely useless and cannot reset it nor give me access to the account making me concerned it has been breached and could be in use by an unknown individual causing havoc and it has not been reported to security despite my repeated requests.

Many thanks 

lee

7 REPLIES 7

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Waferbiscuit wrote:.

how do I gain access to the account and reset the password successfully (if it is a secondary account)? All my attempts so far have not worked and I cannot access the account via the virgin media website. 

I am sure you have tried this already but just in case you haven't.........

VM have changed the way you reset the password on secondary accounts. 
Provided you know the existing password you can to sign into the My Virgin Media account for that secondary email account, all live VM email accounts now have their own My Virgin Media account. They are basically the same as the one for the primary address but for MVM secondary accounts you cannot access details of your VM bills and broadband package.

Sign in from here  https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  with the email address and password of that secondary email account.  That will take you to the relevant "My Virgin Media" account for that email address.

Then navigate to the "Account details" page by clicking on the "Account settings" tab and then you'll see the "Account details" tab. Scroll down that page and you will see a place to edit the password.

If you don't know the existing password you can try using the stand-alone forgotten password reset link https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password  but that requires that the "password reset question" has been set for that secondary address. The security question and answer in the primary  MVM account does not automatically carry over to the secondary MVM account you need to set it up manually.

If all else fails the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) can take a look at this for you. One of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Waferbiscuit, thanks for your first post on our help forums and welcome on board.

We're sorry to hear of the email login issues you've recently faced and that you did not receive more help from our team over your previous calls.

Allow us to explain that in general our security team would detect any suspicious activity and lock the account if you've been potentially hacked or your passwords get compromised, this is a standard practice we follow to protect your data from these attempts and you'd get notified if that was the case.

We'd love to help out with your issue, we can see you've already received some useful advice from our Very Insightful member Coenoby above.

We can confirm this is the process to follow when resetting a secondary email account password via MyVM online as seen above, could you please kindly confirm if this has helped and if you've managed to gain access back to this mailbox since your last post here and following these steps?

Please, do give us an update on this and we'll be around to help where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Apologises for the late response back in this thread.

I have indeed tried (and retried) the method previously detailed and it has not worked. I have now not had access for 2 months and reported a few soft credit searches which makes me worry someone has hacked into it.

would you be able to help suggest how I can setup and ensure I have access to this account as a secondary account if all passwords used do not work?

I have a password reset and question but think this is for the primary account for the broadband.

Cheers

lee

Hey Waferbiscuit,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account at the moment. 

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Hey Waferbiscuit,

Please can you try to login to your email account one more time and let me know if you can now access it or not?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Good evening,

just tried again with the last password provided and not working still.

I have just realised I have 2 missed calls last week about the query but no real reason or idea given to why I cannot access the account.

can I confirm the current password for the email account so I can try it one last time (although i suspect it is still down).

cheers

Lee

Hi @Waferbiscuit 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I will send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill