cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email down.....again (ntlworld.com)

Mint2323
On our wavelength

Hi, please could someone advise.

We have an ntlworld.com email with you and yesterday it started having errors when sending.

Today it has completely gone, receiving still works and oddly it's using the older password to receive the email and not the updated one I changed to 1 hour ago.

This has happened a fair few times over the years and I was advised in the past to reset my password.

When trying to log in manually via your website, it does indeed say mailbox is locked and gives me 3 steps to follow.

I have done all but when I get to step 2, and I choose a different email as your reset requests, the new said email gets the activate link, however once you click on the link it and try and log in you get the message you need to verify your email.... so its a continuous loop of a broken system.

I have no idea if this is some issue your end, but just my luck the email goes down when needed.

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"I assume I am using the new new email and the Generated new App password for both the IMAP and SMTP?"

No that is where you are going wrong.  The IMAP and SMTP servers need your full VM email address as the username, not the third party one.  The password to use is the Generated app password.

The third party email username is only used to access the My Virgin Media account and VM webmail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mint2323
On our wavelength

Nice one, that was exactly the issue I was experiencing.

All seems to be working again.

Thanks for your assistance Graham_A

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update Mint2323,

I'm glad you were able to get the matter resolved.

Do pop back up if you require any further assistance.

Take care,

Kain