cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address hacked

BlueyonderHack
Joining in

My email address has been hacked and the password to both virgin media and virgin email (blueyonder) have been changed.

How can I regain access?

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BlueyonderHack wrote:

How can I regain access?

You could try using the "Forgot your password?" route from this link  https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password 

Ignore the confusing instruction regarding the "My Virgin Media"  address on that page and just follow these simple steps:

1. If the Blueyonder email address is also the user name for your "My Virgin Media" account then you only need to enter the Blueyonder email address and then follow the prompts. If the process works it should unlock both the email account and your MVM account.
  2. If your "My Virgin Media" account uses a different email address then you will need to go through the same process again but this time enter the "My Virgin Media" account address.

Sadly, the forgotten password route relies on there being a "Password recovery question" set in the account. That is a fairly recent thing so your accounts may well not have one set up.

However, try the forgotten password route anyway and post back if that does not work. I will then escalate this to the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) who will be able to check this out for you.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BlueyonderHack,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you feel your email account may be compromised. Has the advice offered by @coenoby helped at all? Let us know either way and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi,

I had already tried the reset password route but had no luck. Thankfully a call to customer services Sunday morning sorted the issue out quickly and efficiently (not always the case I know!) and after a pretty stressful night and day I have access back to everything that had been affected.

Thanks for your replies.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BlueyonderHack 

Thanks for coming back with the update. Good good to know you have got it sorted.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks