cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Still Locked - Tried All Your Advice

argiel
Dialled in

Once again I am getting the error message below when I try to access email. Once again I have tried all the advice provided there and on this forum site, and it hasn’t worked. Note also that the advice in the message to dial 150 is INAPPROPRIATE advice as there is nothing there to help, at least when I called.

I am now away from home and with no access to email for over 36 hours and need this sorted urgently.

Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

8 REPLIES 8

argiel
Dialled in

Sorted now for some reason.

why does it keep happening?

Hey V,

Thank you for reaching back out to us on our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you weren't able to access your emails, glad to hear you now have access again, did you make any changes such as a password change or were you just able to sign back in?

Regards

Paul.

Hey argiel,

Thank you for reaching back out to us on our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you weren't able to access your emails, glad to hear you now have access again, did you make any changes such as a password change or were you just able to sign back in?

Regards

Paul.

I changed my password and after about two hours I was eventually able to get back in.

Are you able to explain why this has happened again, only a few months after I had the same problem? 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

There could be a number of reasons that this has happened @argiel, such as a security flag being put on the email address (incorrectly sometimes). 

We appreciate the frustration this has caused and we are sorry for that. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

This has happened again. The usual thing, now seemingly a common occurrence for many users, email suddenly reports that the mailbox is unavailable, and everything suggested fails to correct it.

Can someone do whatever is required to get my email working again?

It's happened again. Can you help or advise?

Sorry to hear you're experiencing email access issues again argiel, have you tried following all of the steps outlined here to see if they resolve the issue for you?

Rob