cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Locked

bully9
Dialled in

I'm starting yet another new thread on this matter because i've been asked not to "piggy-back".

I have seen many answers to this problem but they all seem to entail logging in to my email first, which of course i am unable to do. So, is there something i can do or do i have to wait the "maximum 5 working days" (as i have been told by a "supervisor" on the phone) before virgin sort out their problem?

20 REPLIES 20

Locked out of my email yet again!

Sent an email at 11.26 this morning as normal. No problem. Left my PC to do something. Came back at 12.00 and i'm locked out.

When are VM going to get a grip on this problem!? What about some compensation meanwhile?

Hi bully9, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your email address has been locked again. 

Please log in to your My VM account > My Profile > Change Password. Make sure you choose a password that has never been used before. Once you have done this, it will automatically unlock the email address within 1 hour so don't try signing in to your email until after this time has passed. 

If after the hour you are still having an issue, pop back here to let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

With respect, this is the sort of message i would expect from VM Customer Services. If you read the whole thread you'll see how inapposite your advice is.

My gripe is that:

a)  I seem to have to do this every few weeks now

b) No-one from VM seems to have the remotest idea what is causing it or have any inclination to fix it. So i have no way of knowing what i might do differently to avoid the problem at my end.

And my fear is that rather than fixing the problem, they will fix it so that the workaround no longer works.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi bully9, if the issue is reoccurring then we'd recommend running virus/malware checks on all associated devices. 

Tom

See my last reply.

Did this before and have good malware and anti-virus. I wish VM would stop recommending things it isn't and apply themselves to fixing what it is; it's  clearly affecting a lot of people and is almost certainly at their end.

Hi Tom

Sorry but your advice doesn't work and hasn't worked for two weeks now. There is no virus our end, it is a VM problem and it  really, really needs fixing.

internet-security@virginmedia sent me an email, presumably in conjunction with their latest locking of my account. It contains a generic warning that my device may be infected with malware.

Unfortunately, i've only just seen it because it was in my spam folder! So VM intercepts its own security messages and puts them in 'spam' so you don't see them!

If any proof were required as to where the problem lies, surely this is it? Get a grip VM!

Well, here i am again. Locked out yet again from my secondary ntlworld email address.

I've re-routed almost all my ntlworld email to a hotmail address, which of course, works perfectly and never locks me out.

But i still have a few emails coming through to my secondary ntlworld address. So, yet again, can someone please tell me how to change the password on my secondary email once i have signed in using my primary email account?

Thanks

Again. No reply to yesterday's plea so i thought i'd try again on a new thread. I got it all working again last night after i found an old link to a page where i was able to change my secondary password.

In fact i changed my main password too and  after an hour or so working through various nonsense messages, both my main account and secondary email were accessible: everything worked as it should.

Tonight i can sign into my account using my primary email address, but if i click on email i just get a page saying

Forbidden

Forbidden

Can anyone there help please?

Hey bully9,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L