Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
rifleman
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Address Hacked

I have been exchanging emails with a mod but he seems to have gone offline  Can anybody tell me the correct way to change my login email and password for myvirginmedia please ?

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Do you mean this?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-reset-username-and-password

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Highlighted
rifleman
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the link That's not quite it I was advised by a mod that " you can change the sign in email and contact email you use by going into your online account, you then select ,my profile then my preferences " I have gone into My Preferences but that seems to be about marketing My account was accessed this morning and I am trying to secure it The gentleman that was helping me with this has not responded to my emails and I am left hanging here not knowing what to do !!

0 Kudos
rifleman
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Can any Mods help out please
0 Kudos
rifleman
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Can a Mod help me out Please !!
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

If you are able to access the My Virgin Media page for your account then you can change the password as follows:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

You exchange of Private messages was with a member of the Forum Team not a Moderator.  The Moderators role is to ensure the forum rules are adhered to.

If you are cannot change your password with the above instructions you will have to wait for the Forum Team member or one his colleagues to come back to you.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

rifleman
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham Yea sorry Should be Forum Team I was communicating with a team member but he has not replied in over 3 hours ! I have changed my password What I wanted to do to secure my account is to change the log in email address from the hacked one so that I can stop anyone logging in again with the compromised address I was told by the team member that I could do this in My Prefrences but I can only see info about Marketing Can you help ?
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Dodgy advice. But we've seen that before

Here are the rules.

You cannot change your primary e-mail address for another VM address. No one can. You can't delete it either. It is built in as permanent feature of your account with VM. VM can't change it either. You can change for a third party non-VM e-mail address such as a GMail address.  That will change the way you log into My Virginmedia. But as for as e-mail concerned you will still need to log in with your primary e-mail address (I could be corrected on that as far as web mail is concerned. It is certainly true if you are using an e-mail program).

For a secondary account the question is irrelevant. If the address has been compromised just delete the whole thing.

In order to secure your e-mail addresses you should not only change the password, but you should also change the account security questions and for something obscure that only you would know. 

Finally if you are getting regular incursions into your accounts then you are almost certain to have some malware disclosing your details to a third party. You should try to track it down and eliminate it.  My usual suggestion (not a recommendation, we aren't allowed to recommend software) is to use the free version of malwarebytes but only download it from malwarebytes.com. Nowhere else. 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos