cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mails silently failing to arrive from certain senders?

ChrisNoble
Up to speed

Hello helpful people,

Over the last 3 or so months I have identified 3 different people who seem completely unable to send me e-mails.

One is from hotmail.co.uk one is on outlook.com and one is on hotmail.com I believe.

In each case, the sender sends the e-mail (which comes in to an ntlworld.com address) and seems to see it go OK  - no errors, no bouncebacks.

This happens consistently from them.

I get nothing - nothing in spam, no sign the e-mail ever existed.

If they cc: work e-mail, the message arrives there, but nor at my home mailbox.

Anyone seen anything like this before? Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd sign in to Webmail and see if someone's added any filters by clicking the menu item (3 bars on top right of webmail interface and selecting settings).

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd sign in to Webmail and see if someone's added any filters by clicking the menu item (3 bars on top right of webmail interface and selecting settings).

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Good idea, but no - no filters defined

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think we need the modteam to see if the email team at liberty global can find any rejections of Microsoft mails in the logs (hotmail and outlook.com all use the same servers).

@ModTeam 

Tim

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ChrisNoble, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the problem you've had receiving some emails. So we can help further I will get in touch via Private Message - just look out for the purple envelope & we'll take it from there. 

Tom