cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail stopped working overnight

bridgeoverriver
Joining in

Hi All

My E-mail has stopped working overnight, it may have been compromised, removed  It's not recognizing my password, I have tried every possibility with no result, can you let me know how to overcome this issue, my wifes account which is set up on my account is working removed any help please.

Regards Malcolm Bennett

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bridgeoverriver  What, if any, error message do you get when trying to access the email address concerned via https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

If it says mailbox unavailable try following the instructions to change the password.

It can take up to an hour for the account to unlock after the change.

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email.

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bridgeoverriver  What, if any, error message do you get when trying to access the email address concerned via https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

If it says mailbox unavailable try following the instructions to change the password.

It can take up to an hour for the account to unlock after the change.

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email.

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media link.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham for trying to help me.

I no longer have a VM account but I am still using the VM E-mail address

What, if any, error message do you get when trying to access the email address concerned via https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I enter my E-mail address it then asks for my password. I have tried every password I have ever used, if I say forgotten password, I would not get any link because I am not receiving E-mails

After entering my E-mail address I then get the message “Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media.”

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media Sign in I enter my E-mail address, I then get the password prompt as again I have tried all my passwords with no avail getting the following message “Your email or password was incorrect. Please try again or go back to change your email.”

Because I am not receiving E-mails I cant get any help to reset my password.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That shows all the signs of the email address concerned having been shutdown by VM as should have happened 90 days after you closed your associated VM broadband account.

Sadly as you are no longer a customer it is unlikely that the VM Forum Team staff will be able to assist other than to ensure that the email address has been fully deleted.  Sorry that this isn't the news you would have hoped to hear.

Hi Graham

Thanks for the reply, but if that was true my wife's account would be down as-well as it is set up from mine, I'm thinking my E-mail got hacked and password changed, but I have no way of finding out or changing it back.

Regards Malcolm

Good Morning @bridgeoverriver, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

I'd like to take a closer look into this for you, to see the status of the E-Mail account.

However, I would firstly advise that if the Virgin Media services were disconnected over 90 days ago, then its quite possible that the account has been deleted, and if it hasn't that it would required that we delete this for you.

Secondly, if again this is over 90 days, I would advise that your wife moves over any important E-Mails over from her Virgin Media E-Mail account, to a newly created account with an E-Mail domain - GMail, Outlook etc...

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks David_Bn

My E-mail stopped on Saturday Evening, I had my password saved on my Tablet & my Computer, both stooped logging in at the same time, Hence I'm thinking my account had been hacked or deleted, I have tried all combinations of my password and still not logging on, I am not sure which password worked as I probably tried different combinations on both, without knowing what the correct password was, I cannot try resetting it because the system doesn't recognize my attempt.

I cannot see the envelope for the Private message from you.

Kind Regards Malcolm

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI: to read / send private forum message on a:

• small screen device, select your profile picture and the  Messages option, as highlighted below:
    _4-1686069156758.jpeg
  • large screen device, select envelope icon (located top right of page) as shown below:
    _5-1686069156767.jpeg

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks