cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Ntlworld email account without password

DaiG74
Joining in

Please can someone help.  I still receive emails from my old ntlworld account but can’t access the account directly.  Someone has gained access to this email and using it to hack other accounts.  I however don’t have a password or know how to get in to the account to delete it.  Could someone please tell how I can delete the account and prevent the hacker from opening it again 

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DaiG74, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear that hackers have gained access to your email address. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Apologies DaiG74, 

I have just tried to send you a private message but it looks as though you may have updated your settings to turn these off. 

As we need to request or confirm personal or account sensitive informaiton, you will need to change this setting to allow us to support you further. 

To turn on the PM feature, just click on your name in the top right of the page > Edit Profile > Preferences > Private Messages > Tick the 'Turn on private messages' box > Save changes. 

Pop a post back here once you've done this and I will then be able to send the message.

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath_F, thanks for reply.

I went to update private messaging preferences and they were already activated 🤷🏼.  

Hi DaiG74, 

Thanks for coming back and confirming things. I'm not sure why our system wasn't allowing me to send the private message yesterday but I have received your message so will reply to that now with the information I need from you 😀

Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team