cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Spam re Norton/Mcafee

andypat
On our wavelength

So much spam getting through at mo , both my wife and I getting same spam, separate email addresses also  my mother is getting the same too.

Been going on a while now - anyone else getting them?

400 REPLIES 400

Thanks

On the same topic, an ntlworld account which I primarily use via Android Outlook app has started being spammed recently with Norton/Mcafee/bitcoin messages. As I cant see anywhere on the android app how to filter incoming mails, I have resorted to logging onto webmail on a desktop and blacklisting the sender e-mail address with some degress of sucess. 

Is there a way to also blacklist the domain,  eg tenderapp in scammer@tenderapp.com, otherwise spam will reappear from scammer1@tenderapp.com soon after blacklisting the first address

Thanks 

Give Bluemail a try it allows blocking  dpmains

Good idea, I'll give it a whirl

Cheers

REDUCTION OF SPAM

The quantity of spam emails I receive seems to be reducing, could be that I am doing these things-

I filter/move all unknown/spam emails to the spam folder

I report spam emails to action fraud -   Scam emails | Action Fraud

SPAM SETTING-

SPAM settingsSPAM Settings

Reject All SPAM messages
Move message to Spam folder
Flag a message as SPAM but deliver to Inbox
Turn off all SPAM filtering
-----------
I have mine set flag and deliver to inbox, as some can be wrongly tagged.
I tried reject all spam but it still goes to the spam folder and is not rejected ??

I see "complaints" about notifications from a few members, "so I will stop posting on this thread".
I do not have the notification switch on so have never had notifications myself, but have seen the complaint "often after I post".
If it is a source of nuisance as mentioned by one member, almost as bad as spam, then switch off notifications in the settings.

My spam problem is now manageable using the filtering, I will just ignore the spam, they can send as many spam emails as they like and I just filter to spam.
alf28

I have started using the date filter method which does work, but have one norton one, which would not go into the spam folder, and when I try to move it manually I get an error "Invalid name specified. Information from e-mail server: APPENDing to spam folder is forbidden (0.003 + 0.000 + 0.002 secs).".

Anyone know why?

For some reason the filter using the date (Wed4Oct etc) is not working for me, even when disabling the other filters.  The domain filters did work for me though,  and I've now compiled a list of domains that do not regularly appear in the sender's email address, but appear next to the 'Source IP' which you will find half-way down the envelope.

Here they are, I've used a simple combination of 'From/Contains' and will report back idc:

eidnet|securehostplanet|qpghealth|pulsepoint|afqfitness|denoterapid|trueapplaud|denoterapid.trueapplaud|raiden|beget|raiden.beget|bastion|bertus|bastion.bertus|oittom|tjqtimezone|zsminsurance|tfymaterial|ser.sinet|zkamedia|dpxgainful|ppt.bandsintown|bandsintown|harmeet-host.skylinkworld|harmeet-host|skylinkworld|group-sse|mail.group-sse |zpcmail

Wavy Davy - re your problems in moving spam, if you have an IMAP account rather than a POP3 account,  the problem could be technical:

https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/issues/514

Having done IP and domain lookup checks on all the domains featuring in this current wave of spam, it seems that although they have spoofed the email addresses of a good number of (apparently) respectable businesses and web-hosting organisations along the way, they all eventually resolve to this outfit, who do not publish anything about themselves but do have an email address for each domain name they host.  Here is an example. I would normally suggest re-directing the spam their way,  but for the risk of confirming the use of an active email address. Maybe the tech wizards at VM could now perhaps take this forward?

WhoisGuard Protected

Organization

WhoisGuard, Inc.

Address

P.O. Box 0823-03411

City

Panama

State / Province

Panama

Postal Code

Country

PA

Phone

+507.8365503

Fax

+51.17057182

Email  

5b972a2223944ee3a4dd616656c74ab6.protect@whoisguard.com

blacklist e-mail addresses     No1  18-2-2021.jpegblacklist e- mail addresses No2 18-2-2021.jpeg