cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Spam re Norton/Mcafee

andypat
On our wavelength

So much spam getting through at mo , both my wife and I getting same spam, separate email addresses also  my mother is getting the same too.

Been going on a while now - anyone else getting them?

400 REPLIES 400

Thank you for this acknowledgement of the issue. I have given up and resorted to (wearily) directing them to my junk folder. Does this count as "reporting them"?

Tony

Thank you very much, so good to know you are looking into this for us all.

Greatly appreciated.

Barbara.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting the same thing on my ntlworld accounts! I have set my Spam settings to Reject all Spam but some still gets through. Its driving me nuts!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

When is Virgin going to do something about these scam e mails?

Thank you Moderator at least for a response and some kind of acknowledgement ... might be helpful if this was posted somewhere on a VM notice board as known issues being addressed so everyone can view what’s going on and save the frustration VMs lack of response to these huge number of comments across the community pages is raising

I would point out though that these spam mails are not “slipping through” but given the volume a better description would be a “dam has burst” and this has been happening since last year so why is it taking so long to do anything about it. I’m seeing these comments on my local social media posts as well... what is up with VM.. please plug the dam !

Is it just a coincident that as soon as I publish the CEO's email address we get a response from a moderator!

I would still urge you all to complain to the CEO and customer services. If we flood all these people with our complaints perhaps they will actually do something, but don't hold your breath as "Mailuser" said this has been going on since last year.

FILTERING FAILED TODAY -2 GOT THROUGH to my inbox- unusual

Today and other days,  sometimes the settings filters "fail" and emails do land in the inbox, had 2 today, one from brazil offering sex services from domain goodtastestories  (.com)

Perhaps the technical department is working on the system.

These glitches do occur, and make you think is someone moving my emails from filter folders to the inbox.

As my inbox is whitelisted by filtering for known contacts only, in theory this should never happen unless the filters fail.

Anyway, I just moved  them to spam, the sex email was tagged as spam by virgin though.

I have added the word "[DELETED]" to my subject spam filters to filter any more [DELETED] emails and goodtastestories domain added to the from filter.

alf28

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

thanks for that, sorry, I was not aware "xxx"  was a rude word, but one still left in you missed it!

I also was annoyed at receiving such an email pertaining to xxx as I am 69 year old pensioner, and hope virgin can prevent these emails in the future rather than letting them through but tagged as spam, so that was good anyway.

I should not have to resort to trying to filter out these  type of emails and the Russian dating etc, virgin should apply optional child safety settings to email to prevent obnoxious emails arriving as unsolicited spam emails or with rude words.

These email come from outside of the uk with unknown sender addresses,and are spam/scam emails that need to be stopped, even to the non expert these are forged/fake/spoofed.

I even get emails from myself that are obviously spoofed as all my accounts are secure and and no malware.

Pleased that virgin are finally looking into the terrible spam problem that is happening, hope it reduces, I have complained since 2019 when I joined the community.

alf28

Hi @tonymou,

Marking the emails as spam certainly helps us out, so if you could continue to do so that would be great.

Thanks,
Dan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules