cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Spam re Norton/Mcafee

andypat
On our wavelength

So much spam getting through at mo , both my wife and I getting same spam, separate email addresses also  my mother is getting the same too.

Been going on a while now - anyone else getting them?

400 REPLIES 400

MailUser
Dialled in

My wife and I have now had some 500 of these spam mails since the beginning of year and countless before.

I raised a formal complaint with VM in November which to this day has not been answered rather than I have been lied to 4 times in separate emails to me where they have said  a solution has been provided by  “Education Given” and that they are closing the complaint. Each email has said the same thing and is quite clearly created by a BOT not a real person suggesting the solution is to forward the mail to phishing@virginmedia.com which frustratingly I have continued to do religiously but without any action by VM.

I have even raised a second formal complaint about the lying response to my initial complaint but that has ilicited a complete blank response and despite reminders to VM I am still waiting for one.

VM stated approach to complaints is this

“Making a complaint:

When we receive your complaint, we'll aim to resolve it to your complete satisfaction. If a complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction you can ask to escalate the issue to a manager. If, after speaking to the manager, you feel we have still not dealt with your complaint appropriately, please ask for your complaint to be reviewed by a Senior Manager.” 

Despite my requesting I speak with a manager even that has also been ignored so I have no trust VM will do anything about the issue which more and more I am coming to believe is as a result of the data breach VM experienced last year since both my wife and I have none of these spam mails on our other non VM mail accounts.

i would hope someone within VM rwith any level of authority actually reviews these community pages and frankly starts earning their money given the amount all of us pay for the service ( which is being increased yet again shortly) and in my case have been with VM and their predecessors over the past 20+ years 

You would have thought that a responsible organisation would have been particularly responsive to this type of activity especially during this difficult time when more and more of us are reliant on the safe use of the internet but VM seem not to be a company with any social conscience.

I have just tried to forward one of these emails to [DELETED] and it was blocked immediately and a message saying it contained spam came up. If this is the case why doesn't Virgin stop it coming into our inboxes in the first place? I had 15 yesterday.

Mr Lutz Schuler is the CEO of Virgin Media and I will be emailing a complaint later today and I would suggest that we all do this. I will also be contacting customer service for a reduction of my bill for the time spent on dealing with these spam emails.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Alun135
Dialled in

Like others i am getting constant barrage of emails not just from anti virus but lidl Aries soap pods same with persil .

How do I stop any email by ignoring anything before the @ symbol and block anything with the domain name after it ie @ntlworld.com

I also get emails with header like re your invoice and all there is in the body is a link nothing else

Nearly caught me one day it was a company I had worked for what alerted me though it was from an engineer they had been infected in one country and it went company wide world wide, they were a global concern I called him as I knew his works and personal phone numbers he explained to me

So any advice

Perhaps if we all send an email complaining to [DELETED] something might be done 

Thanks

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Just wondering if someone in Virgin has been dull enough to have clicked on one of these pfishing emails with his virgin email account and the whole company is infected and which is why its so widespread.

As has been said by others all their emails are being attacked in this manner 

And to be honest my email address is one reason I have not switched to another provider as so many of my contacts ie bank hospital doctor's etc have it

But if my inbox is going to be filled without the ability to filter it out whats the point in remaining

I have just flagged my posting here as inappropriate so hoping a VM moderator will review and see what comes from that

HOW TO IDENTIFY SPAM EMAILS FROM HEADERS

SEE-

How to effectively stop spam and junk mail - Micromouse

It is possible to analyse the email headers (in view source) and pick out certain elements that are common in spam emails, and to use in filters and/or  header filters.

alf28 

Look at these reviews specifically those for customer service or more accurately customer non service. Why do they continue to ignore these comments  - Is it because they are just another American corporate operating under an English brand name who couldn’t  give two hoots as long as the revenue continues to come in.?

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com

https://www.reviews.co.uk/company-reviews/store/blueyonder-co-uk

https://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews77262.html

All my spam mails are spoofed and each one is unique so impossible to set up blocker. Contents are typically images not readable text so cannot search on content.  Surely the people that have the tech skills to block these at source and not simply relay them on is the ISP like VM?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! Getting loads and its driving me nuts!

Hello all,

Thanks for commenting regarding the spam that has been slipping through the net lately. We have not been ignoring these threads and have been reporting this to our teams in the background. We thought it best to give you a quick update.

We have a team identifying scam emails and blocking them, using methods to prevent them reaching your inbox at all. Unfortunately, some do find a way through from time to time and we can only apologise for this. We're doing what we can to minimise the impact on our customers.

Please keep reporting them, as it really does help with our investigations. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to sort this out for you.

Many thanks,
Your Community Moderators