So this a very aggravating one - yesterday at about 11am, my primary e-mail account (an ntlworld account) started failing - incorrect password. Happened on phone and desktop - so presumably a server issue
Tried to log into 'My Virgin Media' - wrong password.
Since I use my own domain with a forwarder, I redirected the address to another e-mail address and got it to send a password reset:
Oops, we've ran into a problem.
Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)
Phoned up Virgin this morning.
1. Apparently this account wasn't listed as my primary account - a (what I am sure was) an secondary account was now primary. Logged into the primary account on My Virginmedia successfully
2. Couldn't see a way to change the password on secondary accounts - going to 'Account Details > Manage other My Virgin Media accounts - lists the accounts (including the what-I-thought-was-primary ntlworld account) - but only with a 'delete' option - no edit options.
3. Customer service says that they will reset the password on the NTLworld account from their end. Comes back and says they can't do it and neither will have I "I've just been told that all NTLWorld accounts have been disabled and you would have been sent an e-mail to say they were being disabled."
- Obviously I received no such e-mail
- Other NTLWorld accounts are still working fine.
- CSR cannot say when such an e-mail would have been sent
Sounds like a supervisor is pulling stuff out of their bottom to me.
So I'm stuck - unable to access a primary mailbox, or what was my primary account. CSR says she will escalate to IT who will get back to me in 5 days.
I am a bit annoyed. Anyone know what is *actually* going on?