Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Change password / Disable Account after leaving Virgin

I left Virgin about 9 months ago (after being a customer for over 20 years starting with CableTel) , told my daughters  their ntlworld e-mail addresses may expire they have 6 months to move to a new address.  The mail-boxes are still active, I get regular spam in mine but nothing important.

One of my daughter's account was hacked and I can now not change the password or disable the account as the primary account's login is disabled. 

Any advice on ideally how to change the password or failing that disabled the account

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change password / Disable Account after leaving Virgin

@JohnnyMo wrote:

Any advice on ideally how to change the password or failing that disabled the account

One of the Virgin Media Forum team (VM employees) can arrange to get the old accounts deleted for you. They will contact you via this forum and get the details from you by a Private Message. Don't post the addresses here. 😉

They make take a while to pick up on this post but they will get to you.

BTW. Once they have advised you that the accounts have been deleted you should check here https://mailtester.com   to make sure that all traces have been removed.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnnyMo,

Thanks for posting. I'll be happy to get the email deleted. I'll send you a PM to get some details now and then raise it with IT. Their timescales are 5 working days for it to be actioned.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM JohnnyMo,

Just to update the thread - I've logged it with IT and they'll delete the email accounts. I'll update thread when they've let me know that's been done.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @JohnnyMo,

Just a quick update - IT have now deleted the emails 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos