cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of VM email address

JBRJBR
Up to speed

As, like so many others, I seem to be having problems in using my VM email address now.
I have tried to follow some suggestions on here and elsewhere, but am still finding problems.
Consequently, I intend to email all my contacts who routinely use my VM email address and suggest they now use my gmail address.
I'd also like to advice VM to do the same, as they send my my monthly bill details to the VM address which I shall no longer use.
As I fully expected, attempting to contact them by email is proving impossible; they don't seem to like customers contacting them by email!  Is there some means of doing that or must I write to them by surface mail?  If the latter, is there a particular address I should use?

I should be very grateful of any advice you can give me.  Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JBRJBR wrote:

I'd also like to advice VM to do the same, as they send my my monthly bill details to the VM address which I shall no longer use.

Try My Virgin Media > My Profile then look under Contact details section.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As I understand it the contact details address will change the address that most email from VM is sent to except bills.

To change the billing address you need to speak to a customer service agent on the usual numbers or wait for a VM Forum Team member to respond to this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the helpful replies.

Waiting for, or getting through to a Virgin Media telephone number is like banging your head against the wall.  I gave up on that a long time ago.
There seems to be no way to communicate with them by email and the only other option is to use 'snail mail'!

Consequently, I have just informed every contact who uses my VM email address to use my Gmail address in future.  As for my bills, I'm sure VM will take the money anyway, as the money is all they seem to be interested in!

In fact, I have been considering moving to another supplier for some time.  Unfortunately, all of the other ones available locally cannot deliver above 11Mb/sec.  There is the possibility of Vodaphone Home Broadband using 5G, though.

Hi JBRJBR, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you feel this way. Whilst we don't have an email contact, there are a number of other ways to get in touch too. You can find and access all of our available contact options, including live chat, here

In terms of updating your email address, you will need to update this within My VM and we will also need to update it on your account here. 

Due to this, I will need to pass data protection with you to get things updated from our end. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you Kath.  I shall attempt to do that.

Hi JBRJBR, 

Thanks for coming back to me to confirm data protection via private message. 

I've changed the email address we hold on file for you. I've also updated the address for My VM although you will need to verify the change by clicking on the verification emails sent to your current and new email address. If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thank you for your message today.  Once again, I'm afraid that neither of your links work and I am unable to respond to them.

Try My Virgin Media > My Profile then look under Contact details section.

Thank you for you help. That worked for me!

Hi @JBRJBR

Thanks for the reply

Are you able to try and access the links from a different web browser for me please? This should do the trick, keep me updated with how you get on.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team