Menu
katman
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can’t send/receive emails on iPad mini 5

When I try to send and receive emails on my iPad mini 5 I get an error message “Cannot get Mail. The mail server imap.virginmedia.com is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings”

when I try sending mail I get “Cannot send mail. The username or password for ********@virginmedia.com is incorrect”.

ALL settings & passwords are correct. When I looked in the help pages it only lists up to an iPad mini 2 and iOS 12 so I wonder if it could be because Virgins settings are out of date as I have an iPad mini 5 running the latest iOS 14.4?

Does anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t send/receive emails on iPad mini 5

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, katman,

Sorry to hear that you are having email issues. Are you able to confirm if you are able to log into webmail account with the same details here?

If you are using saved passwords, try resetting your passwords: https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
katman
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey,

thanks for the reply. Yes I can log in using the browser but not thru the mail app. I enter the details manually yet it won't accept them.

Could it be that the virginmedia settings are outdated as liike I mentioned they only show ios 12 not 14.4 & ipad mini 2 not 5 like I have?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi katman,

Thanks for popping back.

Please try this link which should resolve this

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos