cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send attachments

Gambo51
Tuning in

I get this message whenever I try to send attachments.

"Error

200 SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data"
 Can send using Outlook, only a problem with Virgin Mail
4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this issue persistent and what type of file are you trying to send.

FWIW as a temporary workaround try compressing the file (zip, 7z, etc) before attaching.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Any attachment seems to fail.

I generally try to send Spreadsheets, 250kb - 500kb and pdf's.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Gambo51, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear of the issues faced with sending out attachments over email recently.

We'd love to assist and best advise on this.

With Virgin Media Mail, you can send and receive messages with attachments up to 25 megabytes (MB) in size. If you're including an inline image into your message, you can use images up to 8 MB and with a resolution of up to 24 megapixels (MP).

When you add an attachment, the size of a file may increase because transport encodings are automatically added. (Transport encodings are the information that allows your message to be safely sent and read.)

This means that in some cases, attachments that are 22 to 25MB in size may push the total message size above 25MB. When this happens, Virgin Media Mail displays a warning that your message exceeds the 25MB limit.

Please note that you may not be able to send larger attachments to contacts who use other email services with smaller attachment limits.

If you are sending attachments using email software like Microsoft Outlook, the maximum message size will be 35MB.

In regard to the problem with adding/sending out the attachments can you please confirm if you're attempting to send those to a chain of emails or if you're adding multiple files that can lead to exceeding the capacity limits?

Please, let us know of the above and we're eager to support you further based on this feedback. 

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gambo51 wrote:

Any attachment seems to fail.

I generally try to send Spreadsheets, 250kb - 500kb and pdf's.

After compressing the attachment did it fail to send?