cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see SENT items using Android OUTLOOK

Chezmoi30p
Tuning in

Has anyone else noticed that SENT emails can't seen when a VirginMedia email account is accessed from Android OUTLOOK using IMAP? Been happening since Android Outlook was updated a few days ago to 4.2229.0. I was told by MS support that it was a "known problem" and would be fixed in the next release. Well that came yesterday 4.2230.0 and didn't (fix it). However I'm now suspecting that the IMAP settings on the VM servers have been "tweaked" incorrectly!!  Gmail IMAP accounts work fine for SENT items from Android Outlook. Fortunately VM SENT items can still be see via webmail access.

Anyone throw any light on this one?

3 REPLIES 3

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chezmoi30p, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with this. Can you delete the app and download again to see if anything changes. ^Chris. 

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply

Tried this (confirmed when I contacted the  Android Outlook APP support as one of  their standard answers!!)  and it makes not one bit of difference. I guess the Android Outlook developers are going to have to talk to VM to get it sorted, and that ain't going to happen in the foreseeable future (i.m.h.o.) As I said before, SENT items all went pear-shaped after the last-but-one Android Outlook update. Yes, I could revert back to an earlier version with all the hassle that entails, but life's too short (and hot!!!)

So, I've now moved all my IMAP VM accounts from Android Outlook to Android Gmail and ALL SENT ITEMS in my VM accounts work fine. Quite impressed with  Android Gmail - not really had a detailed look at it before, but so far it ticks all the boxes, for me at any rate. OUTLOOK 365 on my PC still cuts the mustard with all my VM accounts, so I'm sticking with that for now. As VM seem hell bent on moving away from supporting their own email product, I'm slowly  moving away from relying on their email platform. Sad really as I've stuck with them since the very early days when they were in their infancy, building up from Diamond Cable and then NTL World!

Hi @Chezmoi30p

Glad to hear that you have found yourself a work around by using Gmail instead. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley