Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't Send Blueyonder emails since TUESDAY

UNABLE TO SEND EMAILS BLUEYONDER

SMTP  problems gadget rescue cannot cure it virginmedia say nothing wrong there end
If i go to another house and use there wifi all ok
When back home same problem unable to send on any phone/pc/ipad
only way to send at home is to switch off wifi on the phones the 4g will send them.
I have spoke to Gadget rescue they took over my computer for 4 hours and unable to cure
then next evening tried the gadget rescue and still unable to fix
Gadget rescue then said fault was with virginmedia. So i then rang virginmedia waited 18 mins for a answer only to be told no fault there end
go back to gadget rescue.
What a load of rubbish for techy people .
I have tried outlook 2019/Thunderbird/mailbird/win 10 mail, All the same unable to send
I have now signed up temporary to gmail works perfect

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Send Blueyonder emails since TUESDAY

Hi Ticker,

I am sorry to hear your frustration with this. Are you able to advise the exact error message you receive when sending the email fails?

When you advise you need to switch off WiFi to send them are you using the website or are you using an email client to send them?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom_S

ravenstar68 has been helping Ticker in this thread - although I'm not completely certain it is fixed.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Re-Can-t-Send-Blueyonder-emails-since-TUESDAY/m-p/4017997...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks MissPasko,

I saw his other posts after I'd already posted my reply.

@Ticker ravenstar68 knows his stuff when it comes to email issues, you're in the best hands.

If it's something he feel we need to assist you with he will also make us aware.

Thanks,

Tom_S

On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to all

In the end all my emails were going in the spam box. Now perfect

Virginmedia could not help

Paid for gadgetrescue who have over 3 days spent 3hrs on my laptop trying to sort out all they kept doing was deleting my account and re enable. Also changing password.

I then list all trust in virginmedia and gadgetrescue. I asked gadgetrescue about a refund as they promised no fee if not cured

But they declined 

In the end they said fault was with virginmedia doing a upgrade 

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Ticker wrote:

Thanks to all

In the end all my emails were going in the spam box. Now perfect

Virginmedia could not help

Paid for gadgetrescue who have over 3 days spent 3hrs on my laptop trying to sort out all they kept doing was deleting my account and re enable. Also changing password.

Pretty much annoyed about this.  If Gadget Rescue are acting on VM's behalf when helping with email problems, then they should have people working for them who understand email and how to diagnose problems.  Not just follow the "tried and trusted" method of delete and reinstall the account.  In fact on Apple devices that doesn't necessarily work 😞

I then list all trust in virginmedia and gadgetrescue. I asked gadgetrescue about a refund as they promised no fee if not cured

But they declined 

@ModTeam I think you need to look into this, as if Gadget rescue operate a no fix no fee policy, then this should be honoured.

In the end they said fault was with virginmedia doing a upgrade 

Except it wasn't.  The OP was getting 525 Authentication Denied (VM305)  This has a specific cause and although it gave the affect of bringing up the password dialog, it had nothing to do with a wrong password.  

BTW the cause of the VM305 error fixed itself, although mails sent by @Ticker were going into his and my Virgin Media Spam folders, most likely as an after effect of the issue that caused the VM305 error.

Virgin Media asked me for the headers of one of the mails so they could escalate it to their spam filter provider.  After which the problem was solved.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped