Menu
BTVM
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Can't Send Blueyonder emails since TUESDAY

Although I can receive emails, I cannot send any via smtp.blueyonder.co.uk since Tuesday 11/6/19!

My i-pad, i-phone and desktop pc (via Thunderbird) are all equally affected.

When I try to send ANY message, using the apple mail client, I just keep getting a message telling me that my username or password is incorrect. Thunderbird tells me that "Login to server smtp.blueyonder.co.uk with username [Removed] failed." and invites be to "Retry", "Enter New Password" or "Cancel".  Re entering my password doesn't work!

I've screwed up my i-pad settings trying to get it to work and I can't even receive emails on it now.

My Wife's Android phone, using Outlook email client app sends and receives fine?!?

When is this issue FINALLY going to be resolved?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

frostie13
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 45
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't Send Blueyonder emails since TUESDAY

I too have this issue and it's driving me crazy. My wife is able to send on her account, but my android, and my Ipad do not allow me to send securely. through smtp. I thought I'd had a change of password but my emails on my laptop work fine with the same password. My mobile devices tell me my username or password is incorrect which it isn't.

In addition, when looking at my profile on this website, I am referred to a blueyonder link due to essential work on your website...only to find that link doesn't work either.

We're doing some work on My Virgin Media at the moment as part of an upgrade to provide you with an even better service.

We're sorry this part of the site isn’t available at the moment. Everything will be back to normal again soon, so please come back and try again shortly.

Email isn't affected, so you can send and receive messages as normal.

If your email address ends in @blueyonder.co.uk click here

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hi BTVM, 

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

I would recommend checking out this link: https://virg.in/wJs

^Martin

0 Kudos
BTVM
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Yup. I've been away for a couple of days and only found out it was nothing to do with my Apple devices or apps when I got home just now when my Thunderbird client couldn't send either. The time I've wasted, sitting in my hotel bedroom, re-entering my password, deleting my Blueyonder acc and trying (in vain) to re-enter all the settings from scratch 😞 Annoying, isn't it!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 45
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Don't click on the blueyonder link, (or indeed the ntlworld one depending on your email domain), instead just use the virginmedia.com link (don't worry it does actually still work for all of the email domain), login in using whatever email address you use and the corresponding password and you should be good to go.

Webmail is not as convenient to use as a mail client but it will give to access to send and receive, at least until VM fix the back-end issues.

Best wishes

John

0 Kudos
BTVM
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Thank you John. To be fair, I ended up using the webmail effort whilst away..............an unforgettable experience when using a 6s and only marginally better than being stabbed in the face when using an i-pad. Cheers though
BTVM
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Oooooooh, They've sent me a.........a........badge! 

Oh, the balmy summer evenings will positively fly by now that I have a badge to look at!  I would have settled for seeing the word "sent" when I hit "send" though.

OOCapture.JPG

BTVM
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Martin. I did and.........

"***UPDATE*** (dated Tuesday)

We have informed our support team that this issue is still persisting for some customers and hope to have a further update ASAP.

Thanks very much for your patience while we got this sorted (that was two days ago.....its still not sorted)
0 Kudos
Blackthorn1
Dialled in
Message 9 of 45
Flag for a moderator

"We have informed our support team that this issue is still persisting for some customers and hope to have a further update ASAP."

And so their lies continue.......lol
0 Kudos
Highlighted
megamicrofish
Joining in
Message 10 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Yep, Still not working for me either since Tuesday. This is beyond a joke!