Menu
pseaman66
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can't Accesss NTLworld email

Good evening,

I am the main account holder and my wife has a ntlworld.com email set up as part of the additional accounts you can set up. She has had this for over 15 years and over the last week, she has not been able to access the account.

I have called Virgin Media several times, and they say that they will re set the password and send an email, but obviously she can't access her email, so there is no point sending an email.

I have been told to wait 48 hours and it will be sorted, but nothing has happened an no one has phoned back.

When I try to access the email via the website I get the following message:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Any suggestion on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Accesss NTLworld email

@pseaman66 Try resetting the password for your wife's account yourself.

As the account holder you can do this by signing into your My Virgin Media account and clicking on the My Profile > Manage Accounts tab. Select the email address concerned from the list of secondary accounts, click on View/change to the right of password.

If this doesn't unlock the mailbox then post back here and the VM Forum Team can get involved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pseaman66
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Dear Graham,

Many thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I have tried this several times, but no luck.

Cheers,

Peter

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@pseaman66  Ok, I will escalate this so that the VM Forum Team should pick it up in the morning.  They will respond here and are likely to send you a private message to clear account security with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pseaman66
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that Graham.

Have a good evening, what's left of it 😀

Peter

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @pseaman66 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you and your wife have had an issues with the email address.

I can defiantly take a look into this for you,  I will need to pass DPA so that I can get it raised with our IT team. 

You can find the PM on the top right of your screen in the purple envelope.

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
pseaman66
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still no able to access my @blueyonder email account

Hi,

Graham and Zak were very helpful and Zak Pm me and it is all sorted.

I did get a call from Virgin Media last night in response to my complaint, which was a bit late and explained that it was all sorted now.

in future I will come straight to this forum if I have an issue.

hreat response so thanks everyone.

have a good day

Prter

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still no able to access my @blueyonder email account

Thanks for your reply and update, pseaman66.

0 Kudos
Dave61
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you help me please Zac? This is the exact problem I am having and it is causing serious issues for us as we have business we need to conduct through the secondary account for my wife.

Natalie_L answered my forum post and I provided her with the security details but I have heard nothing since, not even an acknowledgement she's looking into it, which is the bare minimum customer service to expect. It sounds like you know what the problem is as you fixed it here, so grateful if you could intervene and solve it for me too. many Thanks

0 Kudos