Menu
Cdten627
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can access NTLworld emails suddenly on Microsoft Mail

6 days ago I suddenly stopped being able to access my ntlworld emails via Microsoft Mail app on my computer.

It says ‘We couldn’t access this account: Ntlworld. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device’.

I haven’t changed any settings or password on anything - it just suddenly happened. I am still able to access the emails via my iPhone. Or if I log in to Virgin Media site & access the emails that way (which is quite long!). I’ve double checked the details & followed the limited online guides on Virgin Media to check the account settings for Microsoft Mail. When I try to re enter the correct email password on Microsoft Mail it says ‘Something Went Wrong, we’re sorry, but we weren’t able to do that. Error code: 0x80070003’.

It’s really frustrating as my father (OAP) can only access his emails this way (he needs it pretty simple!).

Any help would be great!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can access NTLworld emails suddenly on Microsoft Mail

@Cdten627 wrote:

When I try to re enter the correct email password on Microsoft Mail it says ‘Something Went Wrong, we’re sorry, but we weren’t able to do that. Error code: 0x80070003’.

Clearly if  you can access your emails via the email app on your iPhone and by signing directly into VM's Webmail it means that the VM email account itself is working fine.

A quick online search for that error code showed that it is a Microsoft error code. It seems to often be associated with Windows 10 updates although that might not be the issue here.

Here is a link to a MS forum where someone is reporting the same issue that you are seeing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x80070003-in-windows-10-mail/38f9b... 

Scroll down to the post flagged up in green and you will see the poster is suggesting deleting the account in Mail and then setting it up again. It seems to have solved the problem for the original poster so let's hope it does for you.

Note - do not delete the email account from the VM website or you will lose it permanently.Just delete the account within the Mail application.

Here is a guide to setting up the account in Mail. VM advise using the virginmedia.com server settings for all their domains including nlworld.com.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-update-settings-in-windows-10 

Hope that works for you.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can access NTLworld emails suddenly on Microsoft Mail

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, Cdten627,

Sorry to hear that you have been having email issues, Have you tried the solutions offered by @coenoby? Sometimes removing the email account from the app then re-adding it, resolved the issue.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos