Menu
kevinh
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can Virginmedia whitelist an email source?

Emails from a computer software vendor I've been using for years have started to be either delayed or even bounced by Virginmedia. They have changed their email domain name so that might be the cause, as it's now hosted by Amazon some of whose servers are blacklisted because of spam.

Can VM whitelist a specific email domain name (pmdg.com in this case)? The vendor does not send any mass mailings, only transactional email relating to purchases or support requests. All from the same email address at the same IP address so I don't understand why some arrive immediately, some are being delayed and some are even bounced.

For example emails from donotreply@pmdg.com with the subject "PMDG - Your License Code details" are received immediately whereas those with the subject  "PMDG - Verification Code" are routinely delayed by 5 minutes (as this is a code which only is valid for 10 minutes this is a problem). Emails relating to customer support with a ticket number in the subject are bounced, so I don't even see them.

The delay was annoying, important emails being bounced is unnacceptable.

Kevin

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can Virginmedia whitelist an email source?

Use a tool like https://mxtoolbox.com/EmailHeaders.aspx to confirm where the delay is occurring?

Do you have an example of a bounced message [Yes | No]? If needed the forum team will request this via Private Message 2018-12-13.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
kevinh
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The delay is happening in the Netherlands, where the VM mail centre is. It's always exactly 5 minutes and it's clearly part of the measures to reduce mass-mailing.

The blocked emails are returned to sender with the error message "601 Attempted to send the message to the following IPs: 212.54.56.11". As the emails are blocked I never receive them, but one was forwarded to me from a different email address and I can forward that if I get a contact to send it to.

Kevin

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Issue flagged to forum team who are best placed to take this forward; be are it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with receiving emails from a source you have never had any issues with previously .

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos