cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email

Stevo8mr
Joining in

Hi.

I've been with VM for over 25 years and have a blueyonder email address.

6 months ago i moved away but VM weren't in my area so had to change provider.

Today I now can't access my email, ive changed nothing.

Help me please as I need to access my email which is the only one I have

Thanks

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Stevo8mr 

Virgin Media email accounts, including blueyonder, are supposed to be closed down 90 days after you cease being a VM broadband customer. Unfortunately there is no way to keep the account without it being attached to a current VM broadband account.

Webmail access is usually the first to go but it may be possible to access the email account via a third party email client. However, if you didn't already have this set up you are unlikely to be able to do so now as it requires a generated app password which you will not be able to create without a My Virgin Media account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Stevo8mr 

Virgin Media email accounts, including blueyonder, are supposed to be closed down 90 days after you cease being a VM broadband customer. Unfortunately there is no way to keep the account without it being attached to a current VM broadband account.

Webmail access is usually the first to go but it may be possible to access the email account via a third party email client. However, if you didn't already have this set up you are unlikely to be able to do so now as it requires a generated app password which you will not be able to create without a My Virgin Media account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oh that socks, I don't remember seeing anything to say my email account will close. 

I've just spoken to VM and she says it's shut down. Can't believe they can't do anything, I've been with them over 25 years, won't be going back to them now 🤬

Thanks for your help and reply Graham