cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email still active - Virgin account closed

ally3009
Tuning in

My father left Virgin over two years ago and his old Blueyonder account should have been deleted after 90 days, however he still receives emails from it. He wants to get it closed down permanently. How does he go about doing this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ally3009 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post,

The mailbox should have been removed after 90 days from when your Father left us. Apologies this slipped through the net. 

I can raise an IT ticket to have this deleted as it should not be active anyway so will pop you a PM now to confirm the details. 

Speak to you soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ally3009 wrote:

He wants to get it closed down permanently. How does he go about doing this?

He cannot delete it himself but the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) can arrange for that to happen.

Due to General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) VM staff usually have to be talking  to the original Broadband contract holder (your father) before they can make such major changes to an email account.

One of the team will contact you via this thread in the next day or so and they can take the details  by Private Message and give you an explanation of the security requirements in this instance.

My recollection is that In the past, they have been happy to take instructions from the original account holder once they have set up a forum account in their own right and posted on the forum. However, wait to hear from the Forum Team first.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ally3009 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post,

The mailbox should have been removed after 90 days from when your Father left us. Apologies this slipped through the net. 

I can raise an IT ticket to have this deleted as it should not be active anyway so will pop you a PM now to confirm the details. 

Speak to you soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks, i will respond to the DM