cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email on new laptop

RoseB1
Joining in

Hi I am trying to set up my blueyonder email on new laptop with windows 11. I keep getting password out of date message. I have tried reinstalling several times but without success. The email is successful on other devices.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RoseB1 wrote:

Hi I am trying to set up my blueyonder email on new laptop with windows 11. I keep getting password out of date message. I have tried reinstalling several times but without success. The email is successful on other devices.

I am going to assume that you are trying to set the email account up on the Microsoft Mail app although I think the error message that gives is "Your account settings are out of date".

1) You have said that your email works on other devices but just for completeness I would suggest signing in to your Blueyonder email account via the VM website (you can use this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ ) with the password you have previously used when you set up Mail. That will check that you are using the right password.

2) Assuming that you can view your email account in the VM Webmail service using the same password, I would suggest you need to check the details of the email account settings that Mail is currently using.

• In Mail go to "Settings" by clicking on the cog symbol bottom left of the screen
  • Then from  the list of options click on "Manage accounts"
  • From that list click on your Blueyonder account.
  • That will bring up a pop up window and you need to click on "Change mailbox sync settings"
  • In the next window click on "Advance Mailbox settings"
  • That will bring up the screen below.  You need to scroll down to the bottom to see the key details. Make sure the settings are the same as shown below:ms mail account settings.png

Update any that need changing. Note that even though you have a Blueyonder email address you should still be using the Virginmedia.com servers as per the screen shot. 😉

Post back with how you get on.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RoseB1 wrote:

I am going to assume that you are trying to set the email account up on the Microsoft Mail app although I think the error message that gives is "Your account settings are out of date".

1) You have said that your email works on other devices but just for completeness I would suggest signing in to your Blueyonder email account via the VM website (you can use this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ ) with the password you have previously used when you set up Mail. That will check that you are using the right password.

2) Assuming that you can view your email account in the VM Webmail service using the same password, I would suggest you need to check the details of the email account settings that Mail is currently using.

• In Mail go to "Settings" by clicking on the cog symbol bottom left of the screen
  • Then from  the list of options click on "Manage accounts"
  • From that list click on your Blueyonder account.
  • That will bring up a pop up window and you need to click on "Change mailbox sync settings"
  • In the next window click on "Advance Mailbox settings"
  • That will bring up the screen below.  You need to scroll down to the bottom to see the key details. Make sure the settings are the same as shown below:ms mail account settings.png

Update any that need changing. Note that even though you have a Blueyonder email address you should still be using the Virginmedia.com servers as per the screen shot. 😉

Post back with how you get on.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Hi Coenoby

Thank you so much for your reply and assistance. The email is now working perfectly. For some reason the password was changed automatically even though I had put the correct password in.

Great relief that it is finally working thanks to your help.

Many thanks and have a good day

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RoseB1 wrote:

The email is now working perfectly.

I'm pleased to hear that it's all working now. Thanks for letting us know. 👍

Coenoby

Niall2
On our wavelength

Hi, I was following a step by step process to get my blueyonder.co.uk email account working on Outlook 365, on Windows 11. I have worked through a number of solutions including the accessing of managing the email setup through settings and then accounts, in control panel. I am not sure if the account is an Outlook365, imap or pop account. Previously it worked okay on pop. 

Can anyone advise on where i am going wrong?

I have tried picking up the automatic account for Outlook365, but it does not allow me to send or download messages when i go to Outlook, 

The account is working fine through the browser and linked to virgin media online. Both receiving and sending.

I also tried the imap setup with options for imap.virginmedia.com - then again with imap.virginmedia.com:993:1 as per your brief below. I then tried again with imap.blueyonder.co.uk to see if it made a different and again with :993:1 on the end. 

Do you have any suggestions or ideas on how i might get this setup right?

Thanking you in advance for your consideration and help. Cheers Niall.

Hi Niall2,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry that your currently experiencing issues trying to access your Blueyonder emails through Windows 11 or Outlook 365.

It seems that you have tried several different ways already from your community post.

Can we ask if you have tried to remove it from the client and re-add it?

The link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/manage-email-account may offer some further help and support with this issue.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Niall2
On our wavelength

Hi Jodi,

Yes, i have, several times.

Thank you for the reply.

Take care, Cheers Niall.

Niall2
On our wavelength

Hi Jody and friends,

I have tried your recommendations and worked through your advised link - The link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/manage-email-account may offer some further help and support with this issue.

As per previous comments - I can open the email account on both virginmedia.com online app suite through Edge browser. I can do the same in the Outlook app on the same browser. The accounts run fine, with items incoming and able to be sent through outbox, without any problem. The password is clearly working. 

Trying to get it operating on Outlook app on the desktop/laptop through office seems to be a problem with Windows 11.

Have tried Microsoft365 option for automatically finding the email automated settings. Now trying Outlook.com options. Have previously tried pop and imap. Both did not work. Outlook now say dreaded, something went wrong - clearly not the right option?

Going to go back to imap settings... with your original virginmedia.com server options and associated ports for SSL/TLS.  imap.virginmedia.com 993, SSL/TLS, and then smtp.virginmedia.com 465, SSL/TLS. Now trying again with require login ticked for SPA. Again failed, something went wrong, troubleshoot.

Getting frustrating...

Hope you might be able to help?

Cheers N

Hi Niall2

Thanks for coming back to us and confirming. If it's working through everything such as browsers but not Windows 11 Outlook app, and you've tried the manage my email link provided, I'd advise contacting Microsoft directly, they'll be able to help with this.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Niall2
On our wavelength

Hi John, Thank you. Will chase with Microsoft. Cheers N