Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Add email address from partner's old account

Hi,

I've just moved in with my partner. We were both Virgin Media customers but now have one account. We want to keep her email address from her old account that we have now closed but move it to my account.

How do we achieve this? Must be possible surely?

We have tried to do this through customer services but have gone round and round in circles until we just got frustrated... then the line went dead after 2 hrs on the phone.

Thanks in advance...

Andy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Add email address from partner's old account

the only way to do this is a move and transfer. it will delete all your accounts and replace them with all hers.
you can't keep both

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We were told by someone at Virgin Media that it would be possible but only once her account was closed. Now we're getting mixed messages... but we're not getting a straight answer from anyone. How can it not be possible to add a VM address to a VM account... just seems ludicrous?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And then you would have complete control over her email address - whether it stays or goes, what the password is, what filters, signature, autoforward, etc can be set.  Does she want that?

If ever, as a couple, you'd like to move away from VM services and try some of the other suppliers, the address is deleted forever after 90 days and no one can use it.

This would be a good time to research an non-ISP linked email address for each of you, one that offers better security, is portable, has better spam filters.  It is a good time to review all your technology an online presence - updating passwords, etc.  Good luck 

p.s. You got a straight answer from apcyberax!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@wainy33 wrote:

We were told by someone at Virgin Media that it would be possible but only once her account was closed. Now we're getting mixed messages... but we're not getting a straight answer from anyone. How can it not be possible to add a VM address to a VM account... just seems ludicrous?

Unfortunately whoever you spoke with at Virgin Media was either ill-informed  or did not explain the situation with the same clarity as @apcyberax has. Heed the good advice offered and find an email service independent of any ISP and with security equal to or greater than the services it might be used to secure. Should you require confirmation from a forum team member then be patient as it can take them a few hour / days to work through to your post.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Andy, 

Thanks for signing up with our community forum page, it;s great to have you on board. 

I understand that you would like to transfer your partners email account over to your account, this is something we will be able to action for you but this will mean that you will lose any email accounts you have set up with your own account as they are moved as a block and the primary and secondary emails would be replaced. 

If you would like us to get the ball rolling with switching your partners email address over then please let me know so I can send you a private message. 

Dean C

0 Kudos