cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603)

v_flashpoint
Joining in

Hi,

I saw the post about similar issues and so I'm posting here as requested looking for support. Essentially, any email I try and send with my signature is bouncing because for some reason, the outbound filter thinks it's spam.

Happy to provide headers/emails.

15 REPLIES 15

v_flashpoint
Joining in

As a further update, weirdly, I can send this link to my Virgin Media account, and it'll turn up in my inbox just fine. But I can't send it from it, because it thinks it's spam.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated. The full error message is:

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) crwLmi5chI8uBcrwLmJ5NB. Please check the message and try again.

The email is literally just my signature, although I have also tried writing more just in case that's what's triggering the filter. Seemingly, the thing that's causing the problem is the link to my website.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond. Whilst waiting consider trying the following in webmail:

• send email causing issue to invalid email address  foo@foo.lan
  • post send error message here to help with identification of false positive cause, for example:

Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [foo@foo.lan] (554 - 554 5.2.0 SMTP602 Message contains Spam Content ;id=csnvmNjICC3occsnvm0Cn4;sid=csnvmNjICC3oc;mta=smtp1.tb;d=20211019;t=102135[CET];ipsrc=172.25.160.150;
)​

FYI the unique string ID helps with identification, i.e. csnvmNjICC3occsnvm0Cn4

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi 用心棒,

Thanks for the advice - and for flagging it to the forum team.

The full error message is: The mail server responded: 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) ckPRmVZLuxRh2ckPRmmTYD. Please check the message and try again.

Hi @v_flashpoint thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues sending emails.  Can I ask if this is only occurring when sending mails with a signature?  If you remove the signature, does the email send okay?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee,

That's right - without the signature it works fine. It seems to be a specific link in my signature it thinks is spam. In fact, if I get rid of the signature, but try and send an email with just that link in, it gives me the same error saying it's spam.

Thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @v_flashpoint,

Thank you for telling us this information.

Do you have the error messages? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

Yeah, I posted it a few messages above:

The mail server responded: 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) ckPRmVZLuxRh2ckPRmmTYD. Please check the message and try again

Every time I try and send an email with a link to my website in, that's the error pop up I get in Thunderbird.

Thanks! 🙂

Hi Forum Team,

Is there anything else I can do/need to do? I'm still getting the same error whenever I include my website link in an email sent from Virgin.

Does anyone know if there's a way to email Virgin tech support, rather than having to go the forum route? I've followed the instructions found here, https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-Spam-Content-Found-error-550-554/td-p/3229831, which say "You will be asked to provide our Forum Team with a full copy of the error message, and complete email headers from a recent bounced email, via Private Message", but as of yet that hasn't happened, so a full week after the problem started, I still can't send emails with my own website in them. 

It feels like it'd make a lot more sense to be able to email someone so problems are dealt with in the order they come in, rather than having to try and catch the eye of mods on the forum?