Menu

When and how to use our messaging service

Virgin Media Staff

Now more than ever, we want to make sure you get the most out of your services with us. And while virus quarantine measures have closed some of our call centres, we’re still here to help. So, if you’re calling about a bill, to report a problem or to speak to us about any of your services, why not try our messaging service instead?

­What is it?

Our messaging service is a dedicated support line where you can discuss your issues by SMS text. We’re on hand to deal with any of the queries you’d normally call us to discuss.

How do I use it?

Just send us a text* with a description of your problem to 07533 051809 if it’s about your cable services, or 07533 016422 if you have a query about your mobile services. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.

* You’ll need to be using a phone that can access the internet for our data protection checks.

How much does it cost?

Broadband, TV and home phone customers – messages are charged at your standard messaging rate. Please ask the bill payer’s permission before using the service. Texting from your Virgin Mobile service is free.

Mobile customers – texts to the mobile messaging service are free from your Virgin Mobile phone.

Are there other ways to get in touch?

If you’re looking for technical help, we’ve recruited almost 300 of our best and brightest field technicians to help out right here on the community. Just post your question to the relevant board and we’ll get back to you as quickly as we can.

If you’re experiencing a connection problem, our Service Status page can check things in your area and run tests on your connection.

If you’d like help understanding a bill, setting up an email account, or any other common issues, our Help pages have hundreds of articles on frequently asked questions.

Tuning in

downgrade my TV package

Why  I can not do online ??? Everything else can be done...

Joining in

Hello. The box outside my flat wall, providing broadband for the flat upstairs - via Virgin - looks like this. Amazingly it still works, though I can't imagine for much longer. It fills with rainwater and the family next door, who have two young girls, have asked us to do something to make it more safe. Which department at Virgin should I contact to sort this out? Thanks for your help. 

Broadband box.jpg

Tuning in

How many texts do I need to send to get any sort of response?