Menu

Virgin Mobile Pay As You Go is ending

Kei_M
Community Manager

What's happening?

We’re phasing out our Pay As You Go service from October 2021 to February 2022.

We've already contacted customers with the date their SIM will stop working, if you have not received this information please call 789. If you do not take any action before this date you will lose your service and your mobile number.

What are my options?

Switch to a Virgin Mobile Pay Monthly plan

If you want to switch over to one of our Virgin Mobile Pay Monthly SIM Only plans call us on 789.

Switch to o2

We are now Virgin Media O2 and O2 have a range of plans including Pay As You Go, if you want to find out more there are a few ways you can move to O2:

Switch to another provider

Moving to a different provider is also super easy. If you want to keep your number you’ll need your Port Authorisation Code (PAC) before your end date, otherwise you'll lose it.

There are a few ways to get your PAC:

• Sign in to your online account and select Switching to make your request
  • Text ‘PAC’ and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 65075. For example: PAC 01/03/1984
  • Give us a call on 789 and we’ll get this sorted

FAQ

Can I get a refund of my leftover credit?

You can request a refund for any leftover credit by registering your details with us at Your Account, then calling 789.

Why is Pay As You Go ending?

We regularly review our offerings to make sure we’re meeting our customers’ needs and usage. After careful review, we’ve decided to close our Pay As You Go services and focus on providing even greater Pay Monthly plans

You have at least 3 months to switch to Pay Monthly or request your PAC, after we have notified you.

When is Pay As You Go ending?

Our Pay As You Go service will be ending from October 2021 to February 2022 – we’ll be in touch to let you know the exact date your Pay As You Go SIM will stop working.

I want to move to another network. How do I keep my number?

You need to get your Port Authorisation Code (PAC), which you can do in a few ways:

• Sign in to your online account and select Switching to make your request
  • Text ‘PAC’ and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 65075 For example: PAC 01/03/1984
  • Give us a call on 789 and we’ll get this sorted for you.

When you request a PAC, we’ll give it to you straight away and send it by text message, too. Your PAC will be valid for 30 days and is still valid even if your services have been deactivated. For example if you request your PAC on the 5th January, the PAC will remain active until 3rd Feb even if your services deactivate on the 11th January.

Give your PAC to your new provider, and once you’ve switched, your mobile number will switch to your new provider and your service with us will end. We’ll also stop charging you for usage on this number.