Going away? Make sure you’re armed with everything you need to stay in touch with friends and family. So if you’re going live in Ibiza or showing off your best hot dog legs in Marbella: focus on your tan, not your mobile plan.
To make things easy, we’ve put together our roaming FAQ and some handy links to help you get things done when you’re outside of the UK.
Before you go – set up your phone for travel abroad
Before you head off, there’s a couple of steps to check in Your Account to make sure you can use your phone abroad.
- Log in to Your Account and head to Plan & Device
- Select Manage Services
- Find the Going Abroad section and set the slider to ON
- Make sure International call barring is switched OFF
- You can also set up roaming on the Virgin Mobile app
Set up your voicemail PIN
Please ensure that you set a voicemail PIN before you set off. That way you can still access your voicemail abroad.
Here’s how to set your PIN:
- Call your voicemail (usually this means holding down the ‘1’ key on your phone or dial 222 from your handset)
- Choose option 3 from the first menu (settings & features) and follow instructions from there
Helpful tips for travelling
If you want to avoid being slapped with a massive mobile bill when you come back from holiday its best to get roaming ready. Here are some things to watch out for.
You can also visit our Roaming Hub for all your roaming needs.
CommentsPost your comment