cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave_DW

Tyson Fury returns home this weekend for a tantalising heavyweight showdown with Dillian Whyte at Wembley Stadium, and you can catch all the action with Virgin TV.

Fury hasn’t fought in the UK since 2018 but, fresh off the back of an impressive 11th round victory over Deontay Wilder in October, returns home to defend his heavyweight title on St George’s Day.

Many will have undefeated Fury down as favourite for this one. The ‘Gypsy King’ has been on a remarkable journey over the past few years to become a dominant force in the heavyweight division, emerging victorious from his epic trilogy of fights against Wilder late last year. Fury originally claimed that he would retire after this fight but has backtracked slightly from those comments in recent weeks, now choosing to reserve any decision until after this weekend’s big fight. If this is to be his final fight though, he will want to go out in glory. But write Dillian Whyte off at your peril.

The Brixton born fighter has had a distinguished career, with 28 wins from 30 fights including dispatching Alexander Povetkin in fine style in his most recent fight in March last year. Whyte has deliberately kept a low profile in the build up to this fight, refusing to engage in any of the usual promotional activity, and will be hoping his boxing on the night speaks for itself.

With a capacity crowd of up to 94,000 expected, which would make it a British boxing record attendance, Fury vs Whyte is the main event to a mouth-watering night of boxing.

Full Card

Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte (Heavyweight)

Anthony Cacace vs Jonathan Romero (Super Featherweight)

Tommy Fury vs Daniel Bocianski (Light Heavyweight)

Isaac Lowe vs Nick Ball (Featherweight)

David Adeleye vs Chris Healey (Heavyweight)

Kurt Walker vs TBC (Super Featherweight)

Karol Itauma vs Michal Ciach (Light Heavyweight)

Royston Barney-Smith vs Jahfieus Faure (Super Featherweight)

When?

Saturday 23rd April 2022. The event begins at 6PM from Wembley Stadium, London.

How to Watch?

The event is available to purchase from Tuesday 19th April at 10am through BT Sport Box Office in HD for £24.95.

To buy from a 360 box, press Home then select Live Events and select the event. You can watch on the night itself by going to Home > Saved > Rentals.

To buy from a TiVo or V6 box, press Home and then go to On Demand > Live Events and press red. To watch, go to On Demand > Live Events > Event Bookings.

Can I rewatch?

Repeats will be shown every 3 hours from 9AM Sunday 24th April until 6PM Monday 25th April (final playout). The event cannot be recorded.

105 Comments
Bigt89
Joining in

Watching on BT sport 2 is working for now but this is ridiculous. We'll only get this for 20 more minutes then we can't see anything. 

Virgin need to refund us for this because at this rate I'll have to watch online and pay again. 

Is it working for anyone? 

Tam1979
Joining in

Starting to get worried is this gonna be working for the fight. 

AMYLOU1990
Hanging out

Just checked the Live event again and instead of a black screen it now says Ooops! You don't say.....

Sunny8
Joining in

This is a joke paid for the  whole event, showcase channel will cut off at 7pm so what the xxxx!!!!!!!! Angry😤😤

flimble
Joining in

Yeah total joke will be wanting a refund for this already missing some of the fights and not sitting in all night looking at a black screen hoping it will randomly start working. 

Certainly not paying £25 for access to a replay tomorrow.

Sa2868
Joining in

Yep, I'm getting the "OOPS! ..." message now. Great! 🤦‍♂️

Sunny8
Joining in

Same here the message say oops! 
Experiencing technical difficulties cannot bring you this channel at the present time 

JacnBri
Hanging out

Fury vs White - booked for £25 and unable to watch as black screen! Tried to ring but automated service says 'technical issue' which engineers are working on. Come on Virgin surely the link to BT should be agreed and tested well before charging customers for something we can't watch. This is not the first time we have had issues with 'live events' and should have learnt our lesson. Hope Virgin will be refunding appropriately!

GreenEyeLou
Joining in

Not sure though. Now I’m seeing an OOPS message on the Live Events page. They better sort this out asap. I like watching the undercard fights. 

brad01231
Observer

Shocking! Is all I can say, won’t be with Virgin much longer, they claim to be the best out there, but ever since I’ve switched to Virgin I’ve had nothing but problems!! 🤬🤬🤬

JacnBri
Hanging out

We have blank screen too, surely this service should have been tried and tested before offering to customers at £25 a time. We have had previous issues with 'on demand' and should have learned our lesson. What's on channel 100 is not what should be showing on BT box office. Hope Virgin are going to compensate customers. Soooooo disappointed!!!

brad01231
Observer

Surely they’ll be refunds for this ? 

Systemofdef
Tuning in

Ridiculous, paid out for this event, everyone round for an evening to watch and it’s not even working!!!

Carolan80
Tuning in

Same problem sure this was the same last time. Would be good if Virgin could comment on what the chuffs going on!

Sunny8
Joining in

Yes they should be giving all the people who paid for the event some sort of discount on our bill or a refund of some sort

Sunny8
Joining in

Omg now it saying on demand is temporary unavailable 

Rambo_roddz
Tuning in

Checked my service status says it won't be fixed till 10 past 10 what a joke I want my money back 

Systemofdef
Tuning in

When we call virgin it’s just a recorded line, we reset box thinking it was us, followed the advice for error code a01..that said to call. When u call recorded message of problems they’re having. You go to live events, press ok..it says one moment then back to the menu screen 🙄

Sunny8
Joining in

What a waste of some peoples evening, this is not good,very disappointed with virgin

Adamsolomon
Tuning in

Going have to pay again elsewhere 

you are a joke virgin always something fIckin going wrong 

so angry 

could go 12 rounds with both whyte and fury at same time