cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kei_M
Community Manager
Community Manager

From today, Virgin Media O2 is giving millions of its customers a broadband speed boost at no extra cost, offering them even more megabits for their money at a time households are increasingly reliant on broadband to stay connected and entertained.

The boost will see Virgin Media’s M100 service benefit from a 22% uplift in average download speeds (from 108Mbps to 132Mbps), with upload speeds also increasing from 10Mbps to 20Mbps. M200 services will see a 24% increase in average download speeds (from 213Mbps to 264Mbps) with upload speeds rising from 20Mbps to 25Mbps; offering customers even more value from their broadband services.

Eligible customers simply need to reboot their Hub by switching it off and on again, or via the Virgin Media Connect app to benefit from the speed boost.

As part of the uplift, new customers will also be able to enjoy faster broadband speeds with Virgin Media’s M100 package moving to M125, offering average download speeds of 132Mbps, and M200 moving to M250, offering average download speeds of 264Mbps. Those looking to upgrade their connectivity can enjoy the new M125 and M250 bundles for the same price as the previous lower tier speeds, starting from just £26 per month for M125 and from £30 per month for M250*.

Thanks to this broadband boost, customers on M125 could download a 4K film in just 15 minutes compared to it previously taking around 19 minutes, with the time taken for those on M250 reducing from just over 9 minutes to 7 minutes 30 seconds.

Volt customers will also benefit from the uplift at no extra cost on top of their already boosted broadband speed as part of their Volt package.

Jeff Dodds, Chief Operating Officer at Virgin Media O2, said: 

Virgin Media O2 set out with a clear aim to upgrade the UK, and giving millions of our customers enhanced value through our latest broadband speed boost is another step towards this.

As reliance on connectivity continues to grow – and at a time when value matters more than ever – we’re proud to be giving our customers even more, on us.

Virgin Media O2 small business customers with a Voom 600, 800 and 1 Gig service will also see their upload speeds boosted from early next year.

The announcement comes as Ofcom’s latest UK Home Broadband Performance report confirms that Virgin Media’s M125 package will offer download speeds twice as fast as the UK average and that its M250 package will offer download speeds four times faster than the national average. 

22 Comments
JPHagan
Tuning in

I am on M600, what will my uplift be?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JPHagan 

The uplifted speeds are only on the M100 and M200 tiers.

MH1985
Tuning in

Was upgraded from M200 to M250. Did a speed test before and it was 210 down and 21 up, rebooted my router and now its 36 down and 25 up. Thanks VM! Now please put me back on the M200 package, I didn't want the upgrade to start with... 

Emberone
Tuning in

Hey Virgin Media!

Will you also be upgrading home users upload speed who are on gig1 package too?

Isobel1958
Joining in

I mistakenly opted out of the update how can I fix this?

danbottomburp
On our wavelength

Nothing for me who is already on 1GB connection? and i cannot even get the latest hub 5 which may or may not be a good thing

Either way i know how i am to be treated by this company, the second i can get any other provider of 1GB speeds i am leaving 

Kei_M
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Isobel1958 it's automatic, you just need to reboot your Hub for the new speeds to kick in.

Cmrobertson33
Dialled in

I echo 'danbottomburp' comment from Saturday. 1gb customer, cannot get the latest hub 5 to feel the full benefit over Wifi of the 1gb speed. 

And yes always I hear 'buy your own router and put the hub 4 in modem mode', simple answer no. Provide the right equipment to right speed or just provide 1gb speed to the house until you have a wifi router which can provide it or near to it in the house. 

cecilia84
Joining in

Hello. I have just rebooted mine and i hope this will help with the poor signal in the bedrooms. Our packed was just delivered and installed a week ago but signal is only good when you're  near the lounge

Dasein
On our wavelength

Still no Hub 5 for people that were already on the highest speed package? 🫠 

John2021
On our wavelength

Can I get a boost on my 50 gb 

Pajinuk
Tuning in

Hello, I upgrade my fibre 500 to gigabyte.

first I have problem with deal what I have offered in my app and virgin media account. 😕 really not happy.

second problem when I finally solve issue with my upgrade. I have in contract hub5. And received hub4. Iam not Happy any chance get what I sign and paid?

thank you I want give last chance virgin broadband but now Iam one legs out!

Virgin dont ignoring me!

John2021
On our wavelength

Many thanks for that , but I did not get the upgrade , strange is it not that those who cannot afford the bigger speeds do not get any help or upgrade , they brag about how good they are , but only to a limit , never mind , I will stay as I am .

John2021
On our wavelength

Given how prices are going up , I see me not able to have virgin to be honest .

Lauraowens1994
Tuning in

my internet drops out all the time how do i fix that KEI_M?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lauraowens1994 

I'm afraid this board  isn't used to help solve connection problems.

I've moved your other post about your internet problems from the 360 forum to << here >>> 

If you click on that link and reply to the thread there we will see what we can do to help you

dpjones7390
Joining in

I have M500 1gb Internet, how do I order my booster pods. ?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dpjones7390 

You will either be on M500 or Gig1, they are different speed levels.

The wifi pods are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

So if you are on M500 as part of a volt bundle the wifi pods would be free, the same if you are on a Gig1 package.

You need  to run a home scan to be able to order the wifi pods, details on the following page:-

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max 

carl_pearce
Community elder

This didn't age well...

prt32
Superfast

More upload would be nice,