cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prices for existing broadband customers

jace1969
On our wavelength

Hi all.

Just had email saying my Broadband is going up by £7 a month which is mad.

I'm only on the 250MB and looking online, people can get over 500MB for just over £30.

I'm not on a set contract on my account, it's a month roll over.

Can i get a better/cheaper deal as from may i will pay£60,i wanted to pay around £35 but willing to look at a 12 month contract.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@jace1969 wrote:

Hi all.

Just had email saying my Broadband is going up by £7 a month which is mad.

I'm only on the 250MB and looking online, people can get over 500MB for just over £30.

I'm not on a set contract on my account, it's a month roll over.

Can i get a better/cheaper deal as from may i will pay£60,i wanted to pay around £35 but willing to look at a 12 month contract.

Thanks.

The only way you will find out what's on offer to you is (unfortunately) to try to ring up VM and renegotiate as package changes/renewals aren't normally completed on the forum. Best time to do so is at 08:00 when the lines first open for the chance of least delay and go via the 'thinking of leaving us' route on the phone menu to speak to 'retentions'. I believe the default contract length with VM is 18 months. There are also text and WhatsApp contact options.

Read message #5 below for some further good advice on renewing

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Why-oh-why-does-loyalty-get-punishe...

jace1969
On our wavelength

Thanks so much for the fast reply and help.

I will contact them on Saturday, i know they're open, but not at the same time as week days.

Thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@jace1969 wrote:

Thanks so much for the fast reply and help.

I will contact them on Saturday, i know they're open, but not at the same time as week days.

Thanks

AFAIK, the times at message #2 below are still correct

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/customer-service-opening-hours-2022...

jace1969
On our wavelength

Hi

What is the time where you become a new customer on the whole package.

It's been over 12 months since i had to cancel my package and just have the Broadband so i don't have t.v or phone.

There seems to be good deals on the package t.v/broadband.

I did ring them but to be honest i couldn't understand the person that well, i did catch they won't put the £7 rise in May if i have 18 months contract but It's still £53 for only 250mb.

I have to ring them back soon as I'm thinking about it.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will not get a package unless your broadband has been discontinued for 90 days.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jace1969
On our wavelength

I want to cancel the Broadband not get a package from virgin.

I have 10 months contract left but i only have broadband off virgin.