Menu
Florrie64
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to get hold of anyone from Virgin to talk to

Hi

I have been trying to get hold of someone from Virgin to talk to about my virgin broadband.

This is since March. I have written 4 letters, which they've replied to, saying they will ring me in 7 days. I have messaged using the number given to me on the Facebook forum, with the messages starting from April but then again the person on the other end disappears. I have twittered, but seem to get bots who just ask a few questions then disappear. I've tried ringing. I have been in a queue, on hold, then cut off many times.

Anyone got any other ideas, before I actually go to an official body that will help.

The customer service is terrible and while I understand that we have COVID it shouldn't take this much effort to get to talk to someone and not a robot

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to get hold of anyone from Virgin to talk to

Hi Florrie64,

Are you wanted to regrade your broadband?

Do you have problems with the broadband speed, disconnections etc?

If you let us know what you wish to talk about we may be able to help you.

If it's issues with your broadband then there are forums for you to post your stats and some very knowledgable members and staff that can look at those stats and advise how to resolve the problems. 

If you wish to take this path then please do the following:- 

Create a new post in the Broadband Forums describing the issue and how you are connecting to broadband.

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) 

Don't log in but click on the “router status” text under the password section and then copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data your post – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

Then await a response the tech wizards.

Or you can call in and go through a series of tests by dialling  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

You can also check for local issues by clicking on Check service status at the top of this page and run tests from there.

You could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level

If you are wanting to regrade your broadband package you can call the above number or you could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm just a normal customer here to share my knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Florrie64
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hI

Thanks for the reply, however, I phoned to cancell my account in early March. I didnt get any answer to my many calls. So I wrote to them. They wrote back saying someone will call me within 7 days. I have written 4 letters, as they seem to be answered, so I know they are reading them.  They havent contacted me within 7 days which each letter says it will. I have tried various methods of communication,  as I have mentioned. As I gave 28 days in my letter of cancellation, I consider my account closed.  But they still keep sending me a bill. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Florrie64,

It sounds like you've had a right runaround. I wish I could help but I don't work for Virgin.

Did you sent the cancellation request to the correct address? And by recorded delivery?

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm just a normal customer here to share my knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Florrie64
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that address. I sent my letter to the Sunderland address. They replied to my letters, saying they will ring me within 7 days. They havent, but now I have this address, I will write to this one.

Might be the beginning of the end, who knows..

0 Kudos