Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

National Lottery Website Access

Over the past few days I  can only get text pages on National Lottery so unable to log in.  Have checked with people in other areas who say they have no problems, so it must be something to do with Virgin.  Is anyone else having this problem?   I don't have a problem with any other websites.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: National Lottery Website Access

Have you tried clearing the browser of cache/cookies?  Using a different browser? Using incognito mode?  If so, is it the same result?  What devices/browsers are you using?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS SAYING THEY WORK FOR VM. Do not give any personal or account information over unless the person has the VM Logo next to their username.

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In the other person's out of date thread, you state:

Other gambling sites are blocked and always have been.   Tried other browsers but no use.  This is definitely a Virgin problem.   My son tried  using my wifi and could not get access, but when he used his phone data no problem.

If you go to https://whatismyipaddress.com/ does it come up with "ISP: Virgin Media" and a UK location?  Because National Lottery uses IP address for location verification.

"Our location software recognises Internet Protocol addresses (IP addresses) that are used by UK-based Internet Service Providers (ISPs). If your ISP has not registered your IP address as being situated in the UK or Isle of Man, we must assume that you are located outside this region.

Please contact your ISP and ask them to update the registration of your IP address (it may take a few weeks for the changes to take effect).

This issue could also be caused by the use of Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) by yourself or other members of your household.

You may also experience problems accessing your account if you are using a device at work which routes its internet traffic through servers based outside of the UK or Isle of Man."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS SAYING THEY WORK FOR VM. Do not give any personal or account information over unless the person has the VM Logo next to their username.

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked in your account that "childsafe" is not activated on your account (look in "my Apps").
If so, it will limit access to gambling/adult websites etc.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know I use Virgin too and have no problem to log into National Lottery. So maybe it's a different reason.

All online lotteries for US players can be found on gamblinghero.com including ratings and reviews.
0 Kudos