cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misled by VM sales person, verbal agreement not respected

joanna708
Just joined
  • Hi,

Back in October, tired of overpaying, I phoned virgin to disconnect my Internet as was unhappy to be paying more than 1.5 times what I had been during my contract for a good few months (£56.50, compared to original £35/month).

I was adamant that I would leave unless they could give me a similar deal to what I was paying during the length of the contract (£35/month at the time).

The salesperson offered to renegotiate my contract for £36.50 (mix bundle) for the exact same bundle, no extra service, and nothing less.

The only condition being to renew for 18 months rather than 12.

I agreed.

Here we are 6 months later and a notification from my bank shows that I have made a direct debit payment of £40.

I went to check my emails and it says that £36.50 was a discount price ending 12 April 2021, and price would be 56.50 thereafter!

The sales person never EVER mentioned this, not once despite repeating the deal several times for confirmation.

Here I was lulled into a sense of striking what I thought was an ok deal after all, and agreeing to an 18-month contract when in fact the person I spoke to either conveniently failed to mention this to dishonestly make me stay or was incompetent?

I had checked the email virgin send in October but not the pdf where this limited time offer is written as I thought the word of the virgin media employee was trustworthy enough.

I feel completely stupid for trusting VM, betrayed and would like to know what can be done.

Why on earth would I agree to this contract if my main reason for leaving was the inflated price?

Thanks if you have read up to here and hoping there is a solution to this.

Joanna

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are free to negotiate a new deal at any time, even when a time limited discount has ended.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

You are free to negotiate a new deal at any time, even when a time limited discount has ended.

she kind of already did. i may have misunderstood, but sounds like she renegotiated it, was told the new deal was for a particular term but it turns out it wasn't. 

i had a similar experience at my last renewal, was told new contract was going to be 12 months long but turned out it's 18 months (i only found out when the email came through). called up virgin, was told it'd have been a higher price if it was 12 months... they offered to reduce it to 12 months at the higher price... i decided to stick around for the extra 6 months