cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightning- everything blown up - virgin washes their hands

Gillyathome
Up to speed

Can anybody help me with a contact number / email address for the zero harm division ?

the chief exec's office is blaming "god" for lightning blowing up my TV and Computer...

does "god" only pick on 12 virgin customers at the same time ?

I've never had such a poor experience from any customer care team. been bounced

from head office to cisas, pointless waste of time.... they can't help.

457 REPLIES 457

Hi Shane

if I was the CEO of a company … and I received a letter from the CAB with a litany of complaints about a customers miss treatment

And then I passed it off to somebody to deal with , who then did exactly NOTHING

i'd not only sack the people i'd charged to deal with the complaint,,, i'd probably resign myself.

.... if I was the Boss , this letter would make me start asking my own questions.

here is a small section from the CAB's letter sent from Romford CAB... superstars !!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

In respect of how VM dealt with the client’s complaint: VM failed to comply with its code of practice on Complaint Resolution, closed the client’s complaint and referred him to CISAS in error. VM’s deadlock letter (flag G) was dated 1 day after the managers’ visit. VM’s records show the client’s complaint was dealt with incorrectly – flag E entry 11-06-2018 @ 14:14 refers: “This customer was directed to take his case to CISAS in error. Please can a claims pack be sent ...”. Subsequent to that note, VM failed to issue the client a claim pack; the client sent a chase email on 19-06-2018 and 22-06-2018. Thereafter VM dismissed his complaint.

To add insult to injury the client continued to be billed (flag H).

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Virgin then wrote to me assuring to resolve things.. the 7 day call you talked about, we are now at day 16 today...

Gilly.

If you were the CEO of a company on the scale of VM you wouldn't care about every complaint that landed on your doorstep, i mean its nice to think that you would care but really you wouldn't have time to worry about 1 random customer in a sea of millions so don't try to convince yourself otherwise, your number of complaints doesn't make you unique as i have no doubt the complaints team you contacted gets a lot of complaints as lots of people talk about them and people like yourself seem to be under the impression the CEO of a company this scale cares about their situation, they don't

So while you would like to claim you would do right by the customers and care, you actually wouldn't because you wouldn't be able to do that and actually do your job in the first place lol

Hi again..

Shane - I’d like to think I would deal with just 1 person as the boss, especially after virgins complete

miss-management of my complaint. I would step in myself and make things right..

Out of my own pocket if needed, as the company doesn’t wish to help me.

After a year of trying to talk to anybody at virgin… I think the CEO should break his

Vow of silence and pick up the phone…

Where do I apply for this cushy CEO job… I can do it…

I can ignore people if I try - if I really try.

A company fortunes depends on people like you and me.

without customers, there isn’t any business…

Ignoring a valid complaint and being sent on the most bizarre complaints process where you

Failed to comply with your own code of practice, then ignoring letter after letter, hoping I’d go away just isn’t cricket.

VM failed to comply with its code of practice on Complaint Resolution

it’s obvious to me after nearly 1 year of trying to resolve this, that the complaints team is actually worse than useless…. I’d sack the manager of complaints myself. Also the GDPR manager.

Virgin are far busy complaining about vodafones superior (nearly) gigabit connections, to deal

With an actual customer I’ve worked out…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47951147

Shame I can’t get Vodafone gig connection where I live or a Hyperoptics gig connection.

I’m still looking to improve my connection by moving house…

It’s not easy finding a property with either Vodafone or hyperoptics services.

that’s also close to my elderly parents.. I may have to move miles away to get another decent connection. Will you pop round and wipe their bottoms if needed and walk the dog, virgin ?…

Big day Thursday 18th , it’s virgins 2nd deadline and last chance to respond to the CAB’s letter.

Last chance saloon virgin.

if you do fail to reply to the CAB’s letter after all their time and effort they have spent on my case, shame on you !

I have no idea what the CAB have planned for you next, if you fail to reply by the 2nd deadline of the 18th april

I’ll find out soon enough I suppose.

Gilly.

jamesofmerton
Super solver

citizens advice won't have anything 'planned'. they only offer advice. they can stipulate 'please reply in 7 days' but then so could i.

'i think the CEO should break his vow of silence and pick up the phone'

as stated before it will not happen. ceo's are there to manage the company not deal with customer complaints. at the very best it would be with his executive team to deal with and they showed the other day that is exactly what happened.

the only thing 'proved' throughout this whole book is that following a christmas spent by the op typing a 46 page letter to the information commissioner's office, they agreed virgin had failed to comply with it’s data protection obligations.

we now have the ministry of justice involved getting details of virgins previous lost legal cases. now if the op is expecting to find one about a lightening strike.....each case is different. but had virgin lost such a case, a precedent would have been set, much like the recent susan plevin case with ppi. we would know about such a case.

i would have thought that with the mp for romford becoming involved that he would be on the lightening strike case. but no, his brief is a complaint about the general data protection regulation.

one thing puzzles me. the op hasn't been to the press/watchdog etc because 'i'd love to contact such ppl,,, but i don't want to prejudice any court case by appearing on the tv news or in a newspaper'  so why is this 31 page thread, going on since last june, in full view for the world to see?. there is enough identifiable info on here for any defence team to see (yes i have re-read all 31 pages/pictures/letter scans again).

if we go way way back to the beginning, nothing has been proved with regards to the actual case. it has gone off track with gdpr and lost virgin court cases. the crux of getting actual proof virgin were responsible for 'lightening - everything blown up - virgin washes their hands' was lost some time ago. CAB with their vague unenforceable threats for virgin to reply in 7 days is where we are at, after around 300 days.

for the case to win, dozens of experts and witnesses would be called to court in a case likely to last several months. then 'when'/if the op loses, another several months with the appeal process. then human rights, supreme court, then more appeals.  i'll come back to this in 2026 to see what happened.

Yo jamesofmerton,

thanks for taking the time to reply as always. Always nice to natter. 30 odd pages,corr blimey guv.

Stick with it geez… it’s early days… we are still young(ish) if ur up for 2026, me to !

Is it my fault It’s turned into an 11 month epic.. NO.

I would have welcomed cisas arbitration. arbitration…. God if only … all just a dream now

my cases of property damage was ineligible for cisas as you already know james.

Virgin really should have known that before referring me , or should have checked.

I’ve been more than willing to talk at any time… as I’ve always said..

Remember the Christmas truce and offer of good will? where we stopped fighting, all got drunk and played football in the virgin carpark

or was new year , I forget myself.. a dream ?

was it Churchill who once said, "never ! nerver has 1 man been let down so many times by 1 company. Smiley Very Happy & "If you’re going through hell, keep going"

you’d know james, lol

Its virgin that have totally failed to communicate in any form. I don’t exist anymore it feels like.

Little did I think, 11 months later I’d still waiting for the phone to ring at any moment. nasty tricks to play on poor Gilly, no ?

Maybe they have been ringing my landline they cut off,,, I dunno, I know they have my mobile.

James you may be a contender for a jedi rating with wez like knollage of systems.

You say you’ve had similar letters from virgins CEO team. Have you traveled a similar path yourself ?

What happened to your complaint/s ? was it resolved ?

I’m happy to share my letter from the CAB in it’s entirety if you would really like to see it…

It really is a fantastic letter.. after redacting name’s numbers and other personal details etc.

I guess I could past 1 page at a time.

It’s only after reading the full 4 pages that you would really understand the complete miserable story….and some new details.

That’s only if u’d like to see it…it would take time to prepare if so.

The CAB called my mobile just before 5pm today. they were talking to virgin on another phone.

I could only hear my CAB rep talking, asking for a reply in writing to the letters they’d sent.

Where is this 7 days phone call you promised virgin? Before having my concerns resolved in full…

That awful smell of fish is back again,,, ooohhhhh nooooo

Virgin’s rep would only talk to the CAB if they could supply my virgin account password.

Could I remember the password, nah,

virgin wouldn’t talk to the CAB because of this, so are sending out a new password to me in the post..

i hope.

Stay tuned Jamesofmerton… Smiley Happy

Gilly.

Thanks for the updates!

"Is it my fault It’s turned into an 11 month epic.. NO."

It pretty much is, a smart person would have accepted that acts of nature are not a companies fault and just moved on with their life, the one who has been dragging this out for 11 months is you not anyone else, you refuse to accept simple facts or apply common sense or logic to this and you still seem convinced VM is at fault for something that was literally outside of their control, there was absolutely nothing VM could have done that would have prevented a lightning bolt from striking that cabinet, i know this, you know this, we all know this, all you're doing is wasting the time of the CAB which could be spent on people who actually need help for actual cases but at this point you're so far down a hole of your own making that you are unable to just, and i'll quote Disney on this one, "Let it go"

So, be the adult you claim you are and just accept facts, you were issued with a deadlock letter, you were referred to CISAS, there is nothing more that can be done, accept your small victory in getting them to admit a GDPR failing and move on with your life, obsessions like this are not exactly what we call healthy and its a complete waste of both your time and theirs, i mean atleast you're keeping VM's lawyers paid, with the added bonus they don't even really have to do anything to earn that free money

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frivolous_litigation while this specific wikipedia article does refer to US courts the basic principal is likely the same, at this point you're wasting time on what is essentially a frivolous case, https://law.freeadvice.com/litigation/civil_law_suits/lawsuit-attorneys-fees.htm bear in mind that upon losing such a case YOU could be liable to pay fees and damages associated with having to defend themselves against you if your case is deemed frivolous, which would likely be the case, now, while your legal costs may be nil due to the CAB funding the case, i can assure you VM's lawyers are not going to be as cheap, and thats before you get to the part where you've had a running commentary on these very boards which has done nothing but try to damage the reputation of VM, now while a part of this thread was valid, the GDPR complaint, the rest isn't, so at this point my "advice" as a 3rd party looking at the whole event would be to just accept you were wrong and move on

That being said i don't actually expect you to take that advice but you will atleast not be able to claim you didn't know what could happen, i've always said the best way to teach someone is to let them make their own mistakes and learn from the consequences, so by all means continue this, as i've also already said i do enjoy watching a trainwreck as it happens

Obviously i need to suffix this with IANAL so don't take this as legal gospel but more a case of a 3rd party taking an objective look at the thread

And incase i need to explain it IANAL = I am not a lawyer

Hi Shane, it gets better…

The carnival of calamities rolls on.

Did I get the 7 ish day call they promised…. Not on ya nelly

Instead, a letter today. resolving my concerns in full? rest assured ?  LOL ive learnt by now !!!!!

More buck passing again. this time I’m being asked to write the same letter to another useless dept.

this time, todays star letter is from a VM case manager – resolutions team..

reply 24-4-19.JPG

I have already signed a CAB consent form, I’m happy for them to talk to you on my behalf?

Or should I take another day off work, so I can sit with the CAB while they ring you ?

Is the new password to my account you ordered on Thursday for the CAB to talk to you, still coming?

I’m very confused.

The CAB called twice today, they really would have expected a reply I was told.  company's always reply to the CAB. not in this case.

especially from a company of virgins size and resources. I had no faith in any reply myself..and you've proved me right again.

at least virgin just don’t ignore me, they are also capable of ignoring the CAB…

The CAB have asked me to reply to virgin’s letter and legal team by post & recorded delivery.

With the added printouts of items of evidence. I’m more than happy to do that.

I will allow 14days for a reply.

Gilly.

Anonymous
Not applicable
and the entertainment goes on

@Gillyathome wrote: "if I was the CEO of a company … and I received a letter from the CAB with a litany of complaints about a customers miss treatment

And then I passed it off to somebody to deal with , who then did exactly NOTHING

i'd not only sack the people i'd charged to deal with the complaint,,, i'd probably resign myself."

No need for Tom to resign, he has received his marching orders - maybe down to how your case has been handled. lol

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.