Menu
Dirtybird88
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Leaving

We’re wanting to leave because they doubled our bill from £25.45 to £50.45 we only get internet and freeview we rang up they put up they put us on hold so long that just as we cleared security questions we ran out of credit and they never called us back we can’t afford to top up our phone because we paid that sum last month I’m on disability I’m having to pay mom’s account because she only gets £70 a week she’s my full-time carer. It’s ridiculous we should be able to get help online in reducing the cost of our account. Anyone else having the same problems?

Thankyou for any advice you can give. Take care. Rachy x

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving

What do you actually want to do - reduce your bill or leave for a cheaper provider?

Leaving is easy. You have to give 30 days notice.

1. Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 (standard rate number -  in your bundled minutes) then follow options 1,1,4,4, from  they are still picking up - calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through quickly

2. Or in writing to...

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support,
Diamond Plaza,
Daleside Road, Nottingham,
Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG.

Include date, name, address and all account details.  Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

Your bill has doubled because you have come to the end of your discount deal and the price has reverted to the same standard price as what everybody else pays, which you agreed to when you started the contract.
If you are not happy with that then you call the cancellation number (above) and negotiate with them. They will probably give you a more attractive deal in lieu of you agreeing a new 18 month contract. But that's not guaranteed of course

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.