cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 connetion problem

jg4495
Joining in

I've just received a new hub 5 but can't get an Internet connection. Wires all connected, hub switched on and blue flashing light showing on front. Devices show as connected but without an Internet connection. The hub didn't come with set up instructions so fumbling around in the dark. Contacted customer services and they were hopeless. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Are you able to connect to the hub 5 via ethernet and going to its IP address 192.168.0.1 and see if you can access the hub 5 GUI.

Also check make sure their isn't a outage in the area with the service checker online

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Are you able to connect to the hub 5 via ethernet and going to its IP address 192.168.0.1 and see if you can access the hub 5 GUI.

Also check make sure their isn't a outage in the area with the service checker online

jem101
Superstar

@jg4495 as an experiment, try reconnecting your old hub to the cable, if you get an internet connection then it indicates that the Hub 5 hasn’t been activated on your account. There should be some instructions in with the Hub 5 about calling an activation number - you will need the MAC address of the hub which should be on the sticker on the base.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jg4495 

As per the other replies if you still aren't connected then you need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the hub. 

You will need the hub serial number, and possibly your account number and area code.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali