cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost

Rabski
Joining in

What is the cheapest deal for broadband/tv and phone package for pensioner??

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Depends what speed of broadband you want, which TV tier you want including any additional add-ons, and what what phone package you want.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No need for high speed broadband. Tv basic maybe with BTSport and landline phone

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Rabski 

The least expensive TV, phone and broadband package for new customers at the moment is the Big bundle which is £29.99 a month on a minimum 18 month contract. BT Sport is an additional £18 a month

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/broadband-and-tv 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @Rabski 

The least expensive TV, phone and broadband package for new customers at the moment is the Big bundle which is £29.99 a month on a minimum 18 month contract. BT Sport is an additional £18 a month

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/broadband-and-tv 

BT Sport is only £10 on VM's STREAM service and its a 30 day notice period not locked in for say 18 months.

VM Stream is free for Freeview (it actually has more than standard Freeview).

You just need BB M125 and then opt for a Stream box. It doesn't need coaxial cable as can work off ethernet cable or WiFi. Stream doesn't have the +1 channels and a few of the others but has, in my opinion, the ones that are important. Stream doesn't record (currently) so you have to use the catch up player apps to watch anything after broadcast. It does have apps for iPlayer, ITV X (including Britbox), Channel 4, My5, UKTV, Disney, Prime, Netflix, BBC Sounds. Some of these are additional subscription (Prime, Disney, Netflix). You also get 10% discount of any extra subscription taken per month.

Stream also allows access to the VM TV Go app so you can view channels on your mobile or tablet device via Wifi or cellular.

Just another option if you dont fancy a locked in TV contract and ability to move your smaller Stream box around the place from living room to bedroom for example.