Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Corona virus

Are virgin media continuing to charge customers the full monthly charge over the next three months or are they helping customers affected by the corona virus? No sports yet still appear to be charging and I have no work and now lodger also left. 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Corona virus

you can pause your sports subscription, but the rest is still broadcasting as normal so normal fees are applicable.

there is nothing in place to help you other than cancelling your service completely.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ah. As I expected. Most people are on fixed tariffs that if cancelled they still have to pay in my understanding. My experience of Virgin is that they do not want to give a good customer service they just want your monthly fees. 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i'm not sure why you feel that business should waive fees for services that you are receiving.
if you had no work due to other reasons do you still think you should get the services for free or a reduced cost?

stop using the current situation to get out of paying your bills.
if you can no longer afford it then cancel and keep your money for essential things only - subscription tv is not essential, it's a luxury.
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@homemovecockup

Why should people pay a sub for a service that isnt there ?? we pay for live sports and we dont get that ! you jumped on the high horse a bit early there, Sky have suspended subs for live sports packages but you still get the channels, so why cant virgin ? typical from this company.

Its not using the situation in any manner, maybe think before you hit the keyboard eh !!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not the only one jumping the gun.  You can pause Sky Sports and BT Sport's by filling in the form found here:

http://www.virginmedia.com/pausesports

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HAHAHA, I was waiting on that, you can pause it yes but you lose the channels, I paused mine when the re-runs started, you would have thought a company this size with the great customer service they provide would have done this automatically (that was sarcasm BTW)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No you don't lose the channels.  I have used the pause option and I can still view them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have not checked if they are still there as i work away from home, i would hope they do stay as i am sure Virgin wont be paying Sky to screen re runs.

Stay safe bud, and hopefully this will all be over soon.....

0 Kudos